Chris Byrd's LHW Debut Agaist Shaun George FNF ESPN2

You just feel bad. I got to stop using my heart to predict fights. Chris is a great guy. Really pulling for him.

I'll post more later, but the two undercard fights were pretty good. The opener was more competitive than the scorecards made it out to be and the second fight had a stunning knockout for Kim. Big win for him.

byrd has to retire after that showing. he no longer can take a punch.

The hungrier fighter beat the spent former champ, and it really was a beating. Byrd might need to hang it up....

Byrd needs to seriously evaluate whether he wants to go on boxing after that loss. He didn't look like he has anything left.
That being said, hats off to George for stepping up and ending it in impressive fashion.

yes, pretty sad. i think byrd will make the right decision thought, excuse me...his wife will. does any1 get annoyed with her? seriously, every fight I've watched of his you can always hear her screaming telling him what to do. ive even seen her get in the corner in between rounds...

that's just sad to see. byrd looks so depressed, and i can't help but feel bad for him the way he's just sitting on the stool. he's always been a great sportsman, and a very respectful (probably THE MOST respectful) fighter. despite his not so exciting performances, i never thought that he deserved such harsh treatment from fans on the net, and even worse fans who would boo him in the bleachers whenever he was announced. i remember the holyfield vs bates bout on FSN, he was announced among with other champs of old and every single man got a cheer from the crowd except for chris, and you can tell by the look on his face that it got to him.

whether it was an article, or even posts on the boxing message boards from members who have had a chance to meet byrd, the story has always been the same...the guy is great person. if he were more of a dickhead (floyd) i'd just drop by with a "LMAO" followed by the laughing emoticon.

I never said he wasn't a nice guy. I do think he needs to call it a career, even though that must be a tough decision for him.

very hard to watch. I felt really bad for byrd during that fight and as he sat on his stool afterwards. I was excited to see him vs joe or some big names.

George looked good. I dont know if that was because of byrd being shot. I havent seen George fight before, only heard of his name.

He never really seemed in the fight.
Hard to tell if he was surprised by George's power,
had no energy of his own or what.

If i heard it correctly in between one of those middle rounds they said he talked to Briggs and Keney for a
second indicating he knew he looked like crap.

Maybe he should have taken a 4 rounder against a total
opponent :-(

that's just sad to see. byrd looks so depressed, and i can't help but feel bad for him the way he's just sitting on the stool. he's always been a great sportsman, and a very respectful (probably THE MOST respectful) fighter. despite his not so exciting performances, i never thought that he deserved such harsh treatment from fans on the net, and even worse fans who would boo him in the bleachers whenever he was announced. i remember the holyfield vs bates bout on FSN, he was announced among with other champs of old and every single man got a cheer from the crowd except for chris, and you can tell by the look on his face that it got to him.

whether it was an article, or even posts on the boxing message boards from members who have had a chance to meet byrd, the story has always been the same...the guy is great person. if he were more of a dickhead (floyd) i'd just drop by with a "LMAO" followed by the laughing emoticon.

Good post. Thanks

Chris made his bread and now it's time to start enjoying the perks for his campaign as a pro heavyweight.

It ends up like this more often than not but as someone said, I think he could be a top notch trainer if he chose to be.

I saw this coming. I didn't see it being so brutal though.

Chris is one of the most intelligent fighters the game's ever seen though, and I don't doubt he can still make a lot of contributions to the present and future of boxing without having to step foot in a ring again.

Has he ever done any guest announcer gigs? Maybe we can replace Manny after all...

Kind hurts more than usual. You always feel bad when a fighter is on his lant leg. Met Chris before and he has to be the nicest sports professional I ever met. Good family man, devout Christian, strong work ethic, and a genuine good guy. Kind of getting teary eyed. =(

Back