Chris Byrd's LHW Debut Agaist Shaun George FNF ESPN2

bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Chris Byrd SC Shaun George
Koba Gogoladze SC Ji-Hoon Kim
Ruslan Provodnikov SC Brian Gordon

Chris Byrd makes his highly anticipated 175 pound debut against former cruiser Shaun George. By now we have all seen the footage of the newly redicated Byrd looking extremely ripped. He always was a small heavyweight with not much power, but at 175 he should be a monster. In George he faces a decent fighter who is best remembered for being knocked out in one round by Matt Godfrey, lets see how Byrd tests his chin. Fights start at 9, this will be exciting.

byrd175.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing how Byrd looks at 175. I thought I'd remembered George as a cruiserweight and am glad to know I'm not crazy. Thanks for the preview and info, Boston.

Where is everyone? This is Chris Byrd, a new man at 175!!!

175 is the seniors tour of boxing.

I'm excited for it.
I'm curious to see what his speed is like at light heavy.

Yeah besides the fact that it's free boxing, which kicks ass, it's always cool to see if/how speed and power translate between weight class shifts. Especially a huge one like this.

I've always said I wanted to see how Byrd would do at or nearer his true weight and now I'm anxious that he may have moved back too late!

boston, what is SC.. is it like VS?

anyways, I am real excited about this. I hope byrd can create some hype at 175 and fight Calzaghe, Dawson, or Tarver (i want to see anyone destroy tarver)

And why do people say "spot on" all the time? It is the gayest phrase ever. You WANT to be british?

boston, what is SC.. is it like VS?

anyways, I am real excited about this. I hope byrd can create some hype at 175 and fight Calzaghe, Dawson, or Tarver (i want to see anyone destroy tarver)

And why do people say "spot on" all the time? It is the gayest phrase ever. You WANT to be british?

Same as VS, when fightnews doesn't post the weigh ins, I just copy and paste the card from boxrec, best way I know to find the undercard.

Back