Chisora kinda loses it at the presser today

sure. Parker will probably win.

But why are we pretending like Chisora isn't popular in the UK? Him vs Whyte in their second fight sold out the 02 pretty easily.

He is the star on the card. yeah he is a mid level heavyweight but thats British boxing fans for you. For god sakes they supported Tony Bellew at one point who was as mediocre a championship fighter as I have ever seen.

He is the star on the card. The people will come to see him vs parker. I totally understand why he would want to be the main event as a result.
All fair points.

I assume you're a brit? So yeah I'll defer to you on feeling the pulse of popular opinion there

In that sense i guess you do have a point

All fair points.

I assume you're a brit? So yeah I'll defer to you on feeling the pulse of popular opinion there

In that sense i guess you do have a point
American

But i think the point stands. Ill keep saying it

British people are very strange when it comes to boxing and who they will support

How did whyte-parker do? At that point whyte was pretty mid tier wasn’t he?

Also like i keep saying, brits are strange with who they will support. Eubank jr vs degale two mid tier super middleweights was close to a sell out no too long ago for goodness sakes and they both suck
Whyte was on a 7 fight win streak, seen as the No 1 contender to Wilder in the public's eyes, and had that win over Chisora, and then Parker was a world champion a fight ago. Definitely not mid tier. That card was also way more stacked with fights like Chisora v Takam, Katie Taylor v Connor for 2 world titles, Buatsi, etc.

American

But i think the point stands. Ill keep saying it

British people are very strange when it comes to boxing and who they will support

Not really, we Brits kind of support most of our fighters and a lot of local fighters have a big fan base regardless of how good they are on the world scene

Not really, we Brits kind of support most of our fighters and a lot of local fighters have a big fan base regardless of how good they are on the world scene
We also don't shit talk our own fan favourite fighters and call them bums when they lose, I've noticed. I think guys like Chisora and Allen are an example of the fact that if you're an entertaining fighter and have heart, then we'll support you no matter what.

We also don't shit talk our own fan favourite fighters and call them bums when they lose, I've noticed. I think guys like Chisora and Allen are an example of the fact that if you're an entertaining fighter and have heart, then we'll support you no matter what.

Nah, i think we still do the first part, but we still turn up or tune in when they fight again

Nah, i think we still do the first part, but we still turn up or tune in when they fight again
You reckon? I really don't see it as much.

I thought it was a sly dig at me first....
Nah, lol I usually don't read names when I talk to people on here. I just like talking and debating with people.

I really like Chisora and always watch his fights hoping he will win, I suspect that lots of people watch him hoping he will lose though.

I really like Chisora and always watch his fights hoping he will win, I suspect that lots of people watch him hoping he will lose though.
The Brits will be backing him if he does decide to fight.

Meh. The stadium will be full because of him vs parker.

I guess if that bothers you so be it. But you think those brits are coming to see Regis Prograis? lol
Exactly. Chisora always comes to fight and he's known for that. He's entertaining even if everyone knows he'll never be a World Champion. Boxing is first and foremost about entertainment and some fighters are known for just that.

I dont know a single person who watches boxing and hopes Chisora loses, he is one of the most likeable guys in the sport, regardless of his shortcomings

Exactly. Chisora always comes to fight and he's known for that. He's entertaining even if everyone knows he'll never be a World Champion. Boxing is first and foremost about entertainment and some fighters are known for just that.
You think Chisora v Parker could have sold 20k alone? I really just don't see it.

You think a card consisting of a mid tier HW fight, Lee Selby, and Lawrence Okolie would sell out 20k seats? C'mon, dude.
Yes I think Chisora vs Parker would sell it out.....personally I don't think its a PPV with or without the Taylor fight.....I am surprised that's the headline fight knowing how the majority of matchroom shows are put together

Back