Chisora kinda loses it at the presser today

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by XThe GreatestX, Sep 9, 2019.

1. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Leather Belt

Chisora s a fucking Clown. Honestly, He didn’t have to sign the contract... like it’s a big surprise he’s not the headliner. Get fucked.
    Was

The Prograis fight is a MUCH better fight as well, since Chisora getting his shit pushed in is a foregone conclusion.

The time to winge was in contract negotiations, not in the fucking presser. If I’m Hearn, I never offer this cringy fat fuck another fight.

2. droolingliver

droolingliver Blue Belt

Majority of the people going are casuals. They will be going to London for a big day out, have lots of beers and lines before going into the O2, then a few more overpriced beers and a cheeky line, then off out for more beers and coke.

The boxing is part of a night out and they want to see a big guy steaming forward. They don't care about some itty bitty, highly skilled athletes they've never heard of.

I like how Hearn passed it on to Sauerland who passed it to Taylor. Kalle must have been freaking out, coked out of his face like always and having Del Boy telling him to fuck off.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  3. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

Who would ya'll pick in 1991 George Foreman vs. 2012 Chisora?

This is 42 y. old George and 28 y. old Chisora.

4. RDL81

RDL81 Blue Belt

I love how at the presser Del Boy is going off on one Okolie and Benn in the front row laughing their heads off

5. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Because they get it, promoters shaft fighters, its funny how many posters here like sucking on spoilt boys dicks. Drones.

6. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Yes Tidwell, anyone who takes a promoters side over a fighters is a moron. We know the process.

7. GoldenAzazel

GoldenAzazel General Manager of PWD Platinum Member

The card wouldn't be a ppv without the main event either. Nobody is gonna pay to see a washed up Chisora vs Parker who hasn't done anything since losing to Whyte. Obviously Chisora adds something to the card, but he shouldn't be main eventing.

By that logic, Cowboy v Ferguson should have been the main event over Cejudo v Moraes because the lightweight division is where the more money is and both are way more popular fighters.

A journeyman heavyweight shouldn't headline over multiple world titles in any scenario, no matter what country or how popular. It just shows a massive lack of respect to the titles and the fighters.

8. Athenry04

Athenry04 Black Belt

Del-boy is top, and I for one will be sad when he hangs the gloves up. Yeah, he loses at the higher levels, but he's a guaranteed top presser. Boxing is poorer off for not having quality shit talkers, the history is littered with them. His build up with Haye, whilst largely stage managed, was hilarious, and dragged loads of extra casual buys in. In this case, he has a point based on geography, but that's it. I also think this fight will be entertaining as fuck, but Parker wins.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  9. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

No one wants to see okolie fight!
    I dont know dude, I think Parker vs chisora is a fight that would sell pretty well on its own. Del boy is more popular than he should be tbh

10. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

It would be ppv without chisora. The other Wssb finals have been. It just wouldn’t sell very well

11. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

His come behind knockout of takam was one of my favourite boxing moments in the last few years. I’ve been a fan of his for a good few years now.

Athenry04 likes this.
  12. GoldenAzazel

Sell out though?

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  13. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

I know all about him. In fact I’ve started a couple of threads on him iirc. He’s probably my favourite British fighter currently. The Scots dont fcking shut up about him, but casual fans in England hardly know the guy. It’s sad but it’s reality.

TidWell likes this.
  14. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Maybe?? I don’t think Whyte is any more popular than Del Boy and he recently sold out the o2. Ad long as it’s not just okolie supporting

15. GoldenAzazel

Whyte sold it out being in a number 1 contender fight v Rivas, Dave Allen v David Price being on the card, as well as Chisora v Szpilka.

16. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

And any ppv card is going to have more support than just okolie. Joe Parker is also a popular fighter over here, and well known.

17. GoldenAzazel

I get that. I'm just saying that without the multiple world title fight this card wouldn't be a sell out and wouldn't be a ppv either. Either way both fights need a good co main to support, but the difference is the main event could be a main event of the PPV without the Chisora fight. The Chisora fight couldn't main event a ppv without the title fight.

Putting Chisora above the fight is very disrespectful and shouldn't happen imo. It's a journeyman boxer vs former world champion who hasn't won a significant fight since 2017.

18. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

I agree that Taylor vs Prograis should be headlining. But this ppv would bomb without the parker vs chisora fight. Apart from the sweaties, most people buying or attending the fight, will likely be for the HWs. Most casual fans I know don't know who Josh Taylor is, unless you are north of the border.

19. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Team Parker apparently support Del Boy and think it should headline. I think these big fellas are getting themselves at it tbh.

20. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle

TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Purple Belt

I'm far more interested in Prograis/Taylor obviously, I think most of us are on here. But that fight is not selling out a large arena or doing decent PPV numbers on its own.