Chinzo Machida Hopes To Join Lyoto in the UFC After a Win Tonight at RFA!!

I think it is Brian Ortega. Unless someone beat him recently.

Nevermind. Looks like he relinquished his belt and came to the UFC. Maybe it is vacant now.

Rustled a few people with my comments, especially the Cheetah fans.

He'd have to go through TUF and win or at least make it to the semi finals to even have a chance of fighting on the prelims of a UFC card. Well that, or go some on crazy winning streak outside of the UFC.

Rustled a few people with my comments, especially the Cheetah fans.

He'd have to go through TUF and win or at least make it to the semi finals to even have a chance of fighting on the prelims of a UFC card. Well that, or go some on crazy winning streak outside of the UFC.
Just to fight on the prelims? I doubt it. He wouldn't have to be on TUF at all.

If he strings a couple more wins together and takes the RFA featherweight belt, Dana will take him.

Pedro Munhoz immediatley got picked up by the UFC after he became a champ for RFA. The whole point of that promotion is to be a "feeder" for the UFC.

Chinzo didn't look too good in his decision win tonight. It felt like he ran out of cardio around the 3rd round. He needs to win more convincingly to be picked up by UFC.

Chinzo didn't look too good in his decision win tonight. It felt like he ran out of cardio around the 3rd round. He needs to win more convincingly to be picked up by UFC.
I agree about his cardio at the end of the fight. But if he keeps winning he will get picked up by the UFC.

The fight before this one he sent the guy out on a stretcher from a flying knee. If he fixes his cardio for his next fight, he will be back on track.

Pretty sure he took this fight on a couple weeks notice. That's probably why his cardio wasn't great towards the end of the fight.

I agree about his cardio at the end of the fight. But if he keeps winning he will get picked up by the UFC.

The fight before this one he sent the guy out on a stretcher from a flying knee. If he fixes his cardio for his next fight, he will be back on track.

Pretty sure he took this fight on a couple weeks notice. That's probably why his cardio wasn't great towards the end of the fight.

No he had a ten week camp for this fight.

And he looked kind of smallish against the other guy. It is probably because both Machida brothers don't cut too much weight. And maybe one of the reasons why he was tired toward the end. I did see that knockout last time and that was brutal. That is why I was excited about this fight and solely watched it for his fight. Speaking of taking out on a stretcher, someone did go out in a stretcher tonight. I think that guy should be picked up soon.

Just to fight on the prelims? I doubt it. He wouldn't have to be on TUF at all.

If he strings a couple more wins together and takes the RFA featherweight belt, Dana will take him.

Pedro Munhoz immediatley got picked up by the UFC after he became a champ for RFA. The whole point of that promotion is to be a "feeder" for the UFC.

Ironically Dana has gone on record to specifically say the RFA is not a feeder to the UFC. I don't dispute that it is, it just struck me as funny that he denied the very obvious goal of the organization.

Anyhow, Chinzo has some things working against him. Pedro got called up being 27 years old with a 10-0 record.

Chinzo is 37 years old, 3-2, and has only fought 2 times in the last four years. By the time he strings together 'a few more fights' as you said, he's going to be 38 or 39.

I suppose they could stunt hire him just to see what happens but we don't see much of that. He may have to fantastically KO his next two guys in a row in spectacular fashion to get called up.

Ironically Dana has gone on record to specifically say the RFA is not a feeder to the UFC. I don't dispute that it is, it just struck me as funny that he denied the very obvious goal of the organization.

Anyhow, Chinzo has some things working against him. Pedro got called up being 27 years old with a 10-0 record.

Chinzo is 37 years old, 3-2, and has only fought 2 times in the last four years. By the time he strings together 'a few more fights' as you said, he's going to be 38 or 39.

I suppose they could stunt hire him just to see what happens but we don't see much of that. He may have to fantastically KO his next two guys in a row in spectacular fashion to get called up.
Good post. If he knocks out a few more guys in brutal fashion and becomes RFA champ, I do think he will have made enough noise to get scooped up.

He would be a fun addition to the prelims. I think Dana would consider him marketable enough just because of his name and wouldn't mind having more people tune in for the prelims.

Plus, the UFC wouldn't have to pay him shit to fight.

i thought he lost that fight, not a good decision if ya ask me
2nd and 3rd rounds were clear rounds for gerasimov, despite getting pushed off balance and then machidas illegal soccer kick, he won the round. the first round was very close as well. hard to give it to either guy. but machida got the win. good for him
good to know bad judging is not only in the ufc

Last edited:
Anyone post a GIF of theChinzo Knee yet?

Anyone post a GIF of theChinzo Knee yet?

Chinzo_Machida_vs._Brian_Wood.gif

Well until he actually starts to look old in his fights, I'm all for him getting signed (after he wins a few more fights though realistically). But hell if they're willing to re-sign Leonard Garcia if he wins his next fight, they should sign Chinzo and set up that fight. Leonard Garcia vs. Chinzo Machida.

Like several have said already, he would be a welcome addition to the prelims. Yes, he only has 5 MMA fights... but he has a lot of fight experience, no doubt. Bring him in for the prelims, pay him next to nothing until he proves himself.. what does the UFC have to lose here?

Sorry Chinzdawg. You need another 10 wins and by then, you'll be 63 years old.

Back