Chinzo Machida Hopes To Join Lyoto in the UFC After a Win Tonight at RFA!!

30-27 or 29-28?
30-27.

Bloodied him up in the first. Dominated the entire fight. Even on the ground he was able to sweep and get back to his feet twice. Stuffed at least five takedowns tonight.

Both guys looked a little tired at the end of the fight.

Nice spinning back kicks, body kicks, and roundhouse kicks by Chinzo. He dropped the guy twice.

Great counter straight punches from Chinzo. He also hurt the guy badly with a knee to the body.

Last edited:
30-27.

Bloodied him up in the first. Dominated the entire fight. Even on the ground he was able to sweep and get back to his feet twice. Stuffed at least five takedowns tonight.

Both guys looked a little tired at the end of the fight.

Nice spinning back kicks, body kicks, and roundhouse kicks by Chinzo. He dropped the guy twice.

Good to hear, was hoping for a finish, but at least he won very easily. Just from watching this guy's(Chinzo's opponent) vids on youtube I could tell Chinzo would have a big advantage on the feet, the only chance he had was holding him on the ground. Good to know he isn't as helpless on the ground as he was earlier in his career. Hope he can get to the UFC with a couple more wins, they have signed many cans and Chinzo has the name to get people to watch him fight. Would have been interesting to see what he could have done if he had taken a path closer to Lyoto's instead of focusing on karate for such a long time.

Interesting that he was using spinning back kicks. Lyoto rarely uses those, and when he does they are almost always to the body.

Good to hear, was hoping for a finish, but at least he won very easily. Just from watching this guy's(Chinzo's opponent) vids on youtube I could tell Chinzo would have a big advantage on the feet, the only chance he had was holding him on the ground. Good to know he isn't as helpless on the ground as he was earlier in his career. Hope he can get to the UFC with a couple more wins, they have signed many cans and Chinzo has the name to get people to watch him fight. Would have been interesting to see what he could have done if he had taken a path closer to Lyoto's instead of focusing on karate for such a long time.

Interesting that he was using spinning back kicks. Lyoto rarely uses those, and when he does they are almost always to the body.
He tried to lay n pray and run the clock, but Machida got to his feet. And his sub defense was on point. The guy tried to sink in a rear naked but Chinzo had it scouted and swept him easily.

On the feet it was all Machida. He definetly has impeccable footwork and timing like his brother. I'd love to see Chinzo fight for the UFC even if it's just the prelims.

have you guys noticed a lot of the time in the case of brothers, the younger one is born more physically gifted?

its like the dna combination between the parents gets more refined each time. Lyoto is way more of a physical specimen than his older bro, and I know a lot of brothers IRL who are like this too

TS' next thread: Valentijn Overeem has won a fight, should the UFC sign him?

have you guys noticed a lot of the time in the case of brothers, the younger one is born more physically gifted?

its like the dna combination between the parents gets more refined each time. Lyoto is way more of a physical specimen than his older bro, and I know a lot of brothers IRL who are like this too
Screen-Shot-2014-02-12-at-4.55.43-PM.png

He is in great shape, but he is only 5'9 compared to Lyoto who is 6'1.

TS' next thread: Valentijn Overeem has won a fight, should the UFC sign him?

1. Chinzo is in a known UFC feeder league
2. UFC has had tons of very low level fighters on prelim cards
3. Machida's name is bigger than Overeem's
4. C. Machida is not worn out with 60+ fights, and is on a winning streak

UFC doesn't really have anything to lose by signing him, he will be a hell of a lot more recognizable name wise than the majority of the lower prelim level fighters, and he brings an interesting style(more aggressive than Lyoto BTW).

^^^ And who gives a shit if Chinzo got to fight on the prelims? It's not like you have to be some world beater to fight on the prelims for 2 thousand dollars a fight..

And you are right, Chinzo seems to be more aggressive at times. He was standing in the pocket and trading tonight, but he does use footwork and evasiveness as well. Besides, there are shit tons of wrestlers in the UFC. Chinzo is a striker and fun to watch.

Was impressed with Chinzo, good tdd and his grappling on the mat has improved a ton. He would be one of the best strikers at 145 easily if they signed him. Would like to see him win 2 more fights this year then get signed when he is 5-2.

^^^ And who gives a shit if Chinzo got to fight on the prelims? It's not like you have to be some world beater to fight on the prelims for 2 thousand dollars a fight..

And you are right, Chinzo seems to be more aggressive at times. He was standing in the pocket and trading tonight, but he does use footwork and evasiveness as well. Besides, there are shit tons of wrestlers in the UFC. Chinzo is a striker and fun to watch.

Yeah these guys are acting like it would be some fucking injustice if he got a prelim fight. Where have they been the many times UFC has signed a local, untalented, uninteresting fighter to fill a prelim? It is a prelim not a championship fight. I'd certainly rather watch Chinzo on a prelim than many others I have seen on the low level prelims lately, and I think there would be a lot of people who would agree with me.

Was impressed with Chinzo, good tdd and his grappling on the mat has improved a ton. He would be one of the best strikers at 145 easily if they signed him. Would like to see him win 2 more fights this year then get signed when he is 5-2.
I was surprised with his grappling and TDD. He fought well tonight. Needs to work on his cardio a bit more for the latter rounds.

Also, Sokodjou looked like a beast in Bellator tonight. Just got done watching his fight.

I do believe he will get a shot if he wins one or two more fights, RFA is basically a feeder league and then you have the Ed Soares connection.

Yeah and if he wins the RFA belt like Pedro Munhoz did, he will definetly get a shot in the UFC.

Back