• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Chinese Nationalists attack Chinese adverts featuring women with narrow eyes.

That's part of the reason why plastic surgery is soo popular in Dubai. Lots of Saudis go there for plastic surgery, also South Asians and Middle Eastern nationalities. Plus Dubai is filled with vain narcissistic people.
Oh Dubai is def full of weirdos and the vain. There's a youtube commercial with a Japanese plastic surgeon. It is basically him just bragging about how rich he is.
Seems is it the Mecca for awful people.

Oh Dubai is def full of weirdos and the vain. There's a youtube commercial with a Japanese plastic surgeon. It is basically him just bragging about how rich he is.
Seems is it the Mecca for awful people.
Mecca is the Mecca for awful people.

The Chinese Nationalists are complaining that Chinese advertisers are using models with facial features associated with East Asia. And they say this is promoting Western created racism.
American Nationalists are complaining that American advertisers are using models with bodily features associated with Americans (obesity). And they say this is weakening America and is a globalist plot.

It is what it is. I see the absurdity but that’s it.

American Nationalists are complaining that American advertisers are using models with bodily features associated with Americans (obesity). And they say this is weakening America and is a globalist plot.

It is what it is. I see the absurdity but that’s it.
How is obesity comparable to the East Asian eyes featured in the O.P. ?
Obesity is widely considered to be detrimental, and often times attributed to poor lifestyle choices. The East Asian eye is the natural phenotype of a large number of people, and there's nothing detrimental about them.

- An ethnic Chinese model is attacked online by Chinese nationalist netziens because she has "slanted eyes"

- The Chinese model appeared in a 2019 Chinese add for a Chinese online snacks retailer called "Three squirrels"

- A top Chinese photographer was attacked for featuring a Chinese model with narrow eyes. The photograph was for French luxury brand Dior.

- Mercedes and Gucci have both come under fire from Chinese netziens for featuring Chinese models with narrow eyes.

- Chinese netziens think the add agencies should feature fair and round eye models because that is the Chinese beauty standard.

- The Chinese nationalists think that featuring Chinese women with "slanted" or narrow eyes is promoting Western racism.

And here is the model for Chinese brand "Three Squirrels".

And here is teh Dior add featuring a different model that also faced the wrath of Chinese nationalists.

----

The Chinese model had this to say

"Do I not deserve to be Chinese just because I have small eyes?"

That is what Chinese model Cai Niangniang wrote in a recent impassioned social media post, after old pictures of her went viral for all the wrong reasons.

For several days she had been attacked online for being "deliberately offensive" and "unpatriotic", over a series of advertisements she had appeared in for Chinese snack brand Three Squirrels.

Her apparent crime? Having narrow eyes.

Some social media users were so outraged that the company eventually removed the ads online, and apologised for making people "feel uncomfortable" over them.

But Ms Cai said that she did not know what she had done to get cyber-bullied, noting that she was "just doing my job" as a model.

"My looks were given to me by my parents," the 28-year-old wrote on the Twitter-like platform Weibo.

"Have I insulted China the day I was born just because of how I look?"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-why-think-small-eyes-002856237.html

-
Amid a growing sense of online nationalism and anti-West sentiment in China, some have seized upon these advertisements as examples of racism towards Chinese people. By featuring models with narrow eyes, critics say these companies are perpetuating Western stereotypes of Chinese faces.

Many asked why these adverts did not feature the kind of models more commonly seen in Chinese advertisements who have fair skin and large round eyes, which are typically considered ideal beauty features in China.

A recent editorial by state news outlet China Daily highlighted how "for too long, Western criteria of beauty, and Western tastes and likes and dislikes dominated aesthetics". That included depicting Asian women in adverts as having narrow eyes, it said.

"The West no longer has an absolute say over everything," the opinion piece read.

"The Chinese people do not need to follow their standards on what constitutes beauty and what kinds of women are considered beautiful."

As a Chinese brand, Three Squirrels "should have known about the sensitivity of Chinese consumers to how they are portrayed in advertisements,", it added.

---

This is some epic level cognitive dissonance here. The Chinese nationalists think that models with features that are typically associated with East Asia is promoting Western racism and instead want models with round eyes, even though people perceive round eyes to be the Western ideal of beauty. So the Chinese netziens are actually promoting a beauty standard that the West is accused of prefering.

Everybody is eating their own now...how piranha of them.

How is obesity comparable to the East Asian eyes featured in the O.P. ?
Obesity is widely considered to be detrimental, and often times attributed to poor lifestyle choices. The East Asian eye is the natural phenotype of a large number of people, and there's nothing detrimental about them.
So what? Is all I’m saying. What are you saying? What’s there to discuss here? Some idiots on the internet said something.

And obesity is just an example. People complained about models being too skinny also. Or too white (like Abercrombie and Fitch I think I recall some time ago) or too diverse or anything.

Iran is claimed to be the nose job capital of the world, due to Iranian women wanting an Euro looking nose. Dubai is supposed to have more plastic surgeons than any other MiddleEastern city. Plastic surgery is also very popular with Saudis.

This BBC article from 2017 says that plastic surgeons in Lebanon claim they have seen a sharp increase in men wanting to get rid of their MiddleEastern nose for a European looking nose.

Surgeons in Lebanon claim they’re seeing a huge rise in the number of men undergoing plastic surgery to make their noses look more European.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-middle-east-41432598

To be fair, skin bleaching dates back to ancient Egypt

I don't see how featuring women with East Asian phenotype is a bad thing. These nationalists are invariably saying that this Asian phenotype is ugly , which makes them the racists or self haters.
Western global soft power has given the Chinese major Michael Jackson syndrome.
Very sad.
Also the 'slanted eyes' phenotype was their traditional beauty standard for centuries.

Everyone wishes they had those sexy recessive traits.

I don't see how featuring women with East Asian phenotype is a bad thing. These nationalists are invariably saying that this Asian phenotype is ugly , which makes them the racists or self haters.

Asians love Western features such as big eyes. They are in crazy denial.

The Chinese are self-conscious about having narrow eyes? Lmao, now I've heard everything.

So, Americans hate whites and the Chinese hate Asians...

Are all the big economies just going to go insane together?

whats next, Indian nationalists attacking dark skin models?
crazy world

So, Americans hate whites and the Chinese hate Asians...

Are all the big economies just going to go insane together?
Think the logical conclusion for social media is a scarlet letter like self destruction it seems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back