International China has been secretly developing thorium nuclear reactor

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
China has announced they are moving forward to building two thorium nuclear reactors. What is significant is US had worked on thorium reactor. US has never moved ahead to building one.

China moving forward with building two reactors. They seem confident with their tests now with building two reactors . This is significant as China has enough thorium to run for 21,00 years.

These reactors are significantly safer to run an Thorium is many times more abundant then uranium.

Last edited:
That is Chinas advantage they can just decide to make something and do it. In the west it takes a lot of steps and there is pushback from sides.
I would say the major difference tends to be long term planning is easier in China were as in the West its often the demand for short term profit which drives things.

Finally getting a little closer to Occupied, it’s a shame it wasn’t Norway developing it.

I would say the major difference tends to be long term planning is easier in China were as in the West its often the demand for short term profit which drives things.

Also a plus to being pretty much a dictatorship in that they don't have to come up with short term solutions in order to win votes.

<TrumpWrong1>
The obstacle to building in the USA is an overabundance of regulations. It's because everyone closer to the government is getting their palms greased. That's why even when citizens are willing to freely donate/build public restrooms for San Francisco, it would still cost taxpayers a million dollars just to install a single toilet.

Indeed, sometimes regulations, while the nuisant expenses they force, come with the advantage of protecting us, or ensuring superior quality of life, sometimes that isn't the case. They become so cost inefficient that they become prohibitive to achieving a superior quality fo life. That's the case with San Francisco and human waste management.

Although I don't envy China's fast track approach when it comes to building nuclear reactors. Nope nope nope. I'll welcome ample government oversight, there.

That is Chinas advantage they can just decide to make something and do it. In the west it takes a lot of steps and there is pushback from sides.

Same in many countries. We spend millions on elections every 4 years yet the same people get elected who build nothing.

Meanwhile we're importing tens of millions of uneducated migrants who will suck all that welfare money that could be used to make shit like this. Migrants who will have 20 kids who will all also suck on that welfare money

China has announced they are moving forward to building two thorium nuclear reactors. What is significant is US had worked on thorium reactor. US has never moved ahead to building one.

China moving forward with building two reactors. They seem confident with their tests now with building two reactors . This is significant as China has enough thorium to run for 21,00 years.

These reactors are significantly safer to run an Thorium is many times more abundant then uranium.

- Thorium is a badass name!

Meanwhile we're importing tens of millions of uneducated migrants who will suck all that welfare money that could be used to make shit like this. Migrants who will have 20 kids who will all also suck on that welfare money
- I know you're joking., But the money still circle inside your contry.

China kind of has to do this to achieve energy independence. Next step will be food and I'm sure they are working hard on that. The great thing is we can see how it works out for China over the next few decades and decide if we want to do it as well.

You know while in ways that's an advantage and in some ways it's really not.
Hurdles can be bad and good. Like regulations. We have construction sites that are just there for years never getting finished then you have the other side of the coin in China where buildings even get build with inferior materials that make the building collapse.

- I know you're joking., But the money still circle inside your contry.
i can tell that you've never dated foreign women in the us. both asian and latin, a lot of that money goes back to their country of origin.

usually some good pussy tho

The pushback that's actually listened to usually comes from some legacy business interest who bribes Congress not to screw up their cash flow.

A lot of the anti-nuclear sentiment in the US was actually from propaganda bankrolled by the fossil fuel industry.

Back