• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Chimaev pulled out of Whittaker fight due to food poisoning (Update: Maybe Not)

First he was a bitch because he pulled out on short notice. Now he should have waited until his symptoms cleared. I wonder what you all would say if he waited and missed weight because he couldn't cut.<DCrying>

Yeah the thing here is "wait and see if it gets better come fight time"

Well he is also fucking Whittaker and the UFC in the ass that way because that would leave zero room for adjusting the fights in a good way

And to start to adjust the fights the way they did based on "maybe Chimmy would be ok" is craziness. Just look at all the effort they had to go through to get it done KNOWING Chimmy was out. Now imagine if it was just a "maybe he's good"

Food poisoning doesn't take long to recover from. If this is true, then he needs to book another fight ASAP. UFC 305 at the latest.

I had it bad a few months back. I was having stomach problems anyway and my doctor told me if it feels too painful and bloated I need to go the hospital. Fast forward a few days and I eat something dodgy, my stomach feels like it’s going to explode so I go to accident and emergency. I was sat there for hours just rocking backwards and forwards from the pain. Every so often god would show mercy on me and let me unleash a massive fart which would ease my stomach a little bit, but only momentarily. About 5 hours in I feel something happening, I get that tingly feeling in my jaw like when you’re about to throw up, and before I could react I projectile vomit all this black bile. The feeling of relief was immeasurable. I ended up apologising to those in the waiting room, but everyone just seemed happy that I was not in so much pain anymore
Yet watch everyone here give him shit for pulling out. Food poisoning, like Covid, can be serious, but no, that won't be accepted by the entitled toxic crowd around here.

Food poisoning doesn't take long to recover from. If this is true, then he needs to book another fight ASAP. UFC 305 at the latest.
No he just needs to retire. He is an insecure bully.

He tries to fight smaller fighters at higher weight classes. He always puts on too much weight at any class, and then overtrains, both due to fear of losing. He quits on his weight cuts, and apparently quits fights if training camp doesn't go perfectly. And he KOs/injures training partners.

These are all the signs of an insecure bully and generally a terrible human being. Khamzat just needs to retire and shut the F up on social media.

Since when does food poisoning make you look like death that bad in pictures? And since when does it make you look as soft and pudgy as he did? If anything it'd make you lose weight.

Nothing about this excuse makes sense. He looked like he had full blown aids in that picture

People are downplaying the severity of food poisoning.
No doubt. Had a bout behind some undercooked shrimp once that left me unable to move, save the actual act of vomiting, for six days thereafter. I wasn't myself for about a week once it subsided. A lot of people here are being ignorant or intentionally dismissive.

I just randomly realized this.

He was also saying he didn't want to fight Whittaker 1-2 years ago and bailed on initiating that didn't he? Make of that what you will.

I just randomly realized this.

He was also saying he didn't want to fight Whittaker 1-2 years ago and bailed on initiating that didn't he? Make of that what you will.
When he was confirmed moving up to MW that was the only name he was quiet about calling out. But no no no, don't look into it. Give him the benefit of the doubt again that this was just a crazy bad food poisoning experience! And when he wants a TS off of beating someone way below Whittaker on the AD card don't argue with it, either.

I had food poisoning so bad once, I puked 20 times in an hour

Every sip of water, even 1ML would cause me to hurl 3-5 times

I felt like I was going to pass out, one minute im sweating so much I had to take off all my clothes, then the other minute im freezing cold under a blanket with the heater on

Funny thing is, the whole thing only lasted like 3-5 hours

oh and doing a weight cut while having severe food poisoning could kill you (Imagine that Darren till cut but while you have food poisoning)

Khamzat would miss weight, end up in the ER, and if he somehow still made it he;d get KO'd by a jab

I get why everyones mad but the made the right call if it was severe enough to interfere with a weight cut

Last edited:
Even if he wins a championship, it's gonna suck if he only defends once every 2 years.

Can't travel (due to his own choices), misses weight, is sickly and weak from COVID, can't seem to monitor his dietary choices so he doesn't shit himself. Dude never needs to fight for the belt, regardless of wins and losses.

Stick-a-fork-in-Cuomo-hes-done.gif

Ship this guy to PFL
He’s done

Fighters have fought with food poisoning during camp or close to fight night when (for example had it when he fought Hunto).

He does need to bounce back quick. And he no longer has the excuse of #1 contended fight, he needs to take anything offered.

Back