• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Chimaev pulled out of Whittaker fight due to food poisoning (Update: Maybe Not)

Mods deciding out of the blue whats "news" and what’s a "rumor" should get checked. This is a statement from Chimaevs team and it's not newsworthy?

A rumor would be a story from someone outside of his team.

I didn't see the notification of your quote. You gonna be alright? Lol.

Buster Borz the Wolf Ticket Assassin Pull Out Missile Crisis

Mods deciding out of the blue whats "news" and what’s a "rumor" should get checked. This is a statement from Chimaevs team and it's not newsworthy?

A rumor would be a story from someone outside of his team.
A fighters team is going to say what they need to say to make their guy look good. Its absolutely not news.

I had it bad a few months back. I was having stomach problems anyway and my doctor told me if it feels too painful and bloated I need to go the hospital. Fast forward a few days and I eat something dodgy, my stomach feels like it’s going to explode so I go to accident and emergency. I was sat there for hours just rocking backwards and forwards from the pain. Every so often god would show mercy on me and let me unleash a massive fart which would ease my stomach a little bit, but only momentarily. About 5 hours in I feel something happening, I get that tingly feeling in my jaw like when you’re about to throw up, and before I could react I projectile vomit all this black bile. The feeling of relief was immeasurable. I ended up apologising to those in the waiting room, but everyone just seemed happy that I was not in so much pain anymore
I had a kidney stone where I had to go through same experience, only I could not really piss but always felt like I needed to,and only a tiny dribble would come out but it woulkd be extremely painful. I wound up puking in the ER and god I needed that.

I peed blood a few days later and felt better.

Anyway... It took me a few weeks to recover from that. If i had to fight I wouldnt been able to make it. If he's laid up in the hospital for something like this, OK it wont be something he can suck up and go back to training for.

There's a spectrum when it comes to food poisoning. It can range anywhere from so mild you don't know you have it, to deadly. Food poisoning can be extemely serious.
True, but even then it's uncertain. Did he really have what seemed like a life-and-death, can't eat for 3 days episode? Or was it a mild 24-hour case where he could easily recover before the fight....but gave him an excuse to pull out?

How long does food poisoning last?​

There are more than 250 typesTrusted Source of food poisoning. Although the symptoms may be similar, the length of time it takes to get better differs, depending on:

• what substance caused the contamination
  • how much of it you ingested
  • the severity of your symptoms
In most cases, people recover within a day or two without needing medical care.

So I've had food poisoning for a week straight from bad chicken and that was rough BUT at this level what is he doing eating random food or having food prepared poorly in camp this close to the fight?

Suspicious excuse and if so shows even poorer professionalism.

You can get some serious cases of food positioning. In 2007 I had a case so bad that I was throwing up water and bile because their was no food left to throw up. I couldn't feel my legs when I tried to get up to go to the bathroom. I'm pretty sure I had a decent chance of dying.

Back