• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Chimaev pulled out of Whittaker fight due to food poisoning (Update: Maybe Not)

Food poisoning lasts like a day or two. His match was scheduled on the 29th.

Wtf.

Food poisoning can last from a few hours to several weeks, depending on the cause, how much was consumed, and your immune system's reaction. Most common types of food poisoning usually clear up within 12 to 48 hours, but some people may be sick for 10 days or longer.

<Fedor23>

Food poisoning can last from a few hours to several weeks, depending on the cause, how much was consumed, and your immune system's reaction. Most common types of food poisoning usually clear up within 12 to 48 hours, but some people may be sick for 10 days or longer.

<Fedor23>

So he knew he was going to be sick two weeks from now?

All. Food. Poisoning. Is. The. Same.

<{MingNope}>
I'm not even clowning on the food poisoning pull out (well maybe a little). But like others have said, how do you even get food poisoning during fight camp. Lack of professionalism. Just like missing weight.

And just to throw out a little fuel, Khamzat wasn't concerned with making weight in Saudi Arabia so he was just eating whatever he wanted knowing the scales would be on his side regardless.

Future goat & can't even beat a sandwich. Meh

I'm not even clowning on the food poisoning pull out (well maybe a little). But like others have said, how do you even get food poisoning during fight camp. Lack of professionalism. Just like missing weight.

And just to throw out a little fuel, Khamzat wasn't concerned with making weight in Saudi Arabia so he was just eating whatever he wanted knowing the scales would be on his side regardless.
How does anyone get food poisoning? Most of the time it's by mistake.

the more i think about it the more i think borz suffers from crippling anxiety. he talks a huge game but when it comes to putting up or shutting up, dude always calls in sick.
He didn't call in sick on his quick turnarounds, or against Burns, or against Costa, or against Usman.

I hope the homie's immune system builds overtime -- that seems to be his biggest weakness since coming to the UFC

I think a lot of food poisoning is just gastroenteritis

<Fedor23>

You're alluding to gastroenteritis. While I am hoping this is true because it's not a chronic condition something stinks about Khamzat's people covering up his real health issue so he doesn't lose sponsorship or UFC money. My fear is if some part of his lungs became damaged ie fibrosis after his COVID complications this will continue to reduce his oxygen saturation levels = poor stamina and difficulty training at a world class. Fibrotic tissue in the lungs is essentially dead lung tissue and it's just what I think he is quietly battling based on anecdotal evidence.

I also thought his sparring partner said he was in and out of hospitals for the last few weeks which doesn't add up for food poisoning. Something just seems off here with the story.

<Fedor23>

And immune system is not going to be 100% when you are training hard AF and also cutting down on calories at the same time

I agree with you, but according to a post in here, it wasn't actually food poisoning.

@13Seconds does that mean this is a rumor again? Lol

Whatever it was this guy has a very compromised immune system

Even Dana said he always gets very sick near the end of camp (weight cut)

I agree with you, but according to a post in here, it wasn't actually food poisoning.

@13Seconds does that mean this is a rumor again? Lol
Lol. I don't know what post you're refering to, but Khamzat's manager making an official statement is news worthy. True or lie? Who gives a shit. It's an update. And news worthy because if it is a lie, it's kind of a big deal to do that. And it will get checked.

And enough with the condescending "lols". If ya can't handle healthy critique then get out of the kitchen.

Lol. I don't know what post you're refering to, but Khamzat's manager making an official statement is news worthy. True or lie? Who gives a shit. It's an update. And news worthy because if it is a lie, it's kind of a big deal to do that. And it will get checked.

And enough with the condescending "lols". If ya can't handle healthy critique then get out of the kitchen.

Lol.

Caught salmonella once from a Sausage McMuffin with an undercooked egg (also probably sat out too long) I snagged from an airport McDonald's. It was on an early morning flight to the ATL airport, and it took me out for a solid 2 days, and lasted about a week. Hospital on day one, Pedialyte and Imodium ad the rest of the way. Couldn't trust a cough or sneeze for a full week. I still went hiking through the rainforest, took a ferry to Catalonia, and caught a Boca vs River match. Khamzat is soft as hell.

Back