Chicago

You should go poop through the grates of one of the Chicago River bridges onto an unsuspecting Architectural Boat tour passing below.

I was too young to experience Chicago really. I was fresh out of boot and going through Corps School. Left before my 21st birthday. Still had a lot of great food.

Ya the streets just stopped being full now that the fall events are dying down

my home town. I miss it. Anywhere towards the north side is really nice.. Like someone said earlier, as long as you stay away from the southside, It really is a fantastic city. Grab a polish sausage, and some pizza while you're there.

my home town. I miss it. Anywhere towards the north side is really nice.. Like someone said earlier, as long as you stay away from the southside, It really is a fantastic city. Grab a polish sausage, and some pizza while you're there.

stay away from the west side too. it sucks here.

Was just there last week. Like Milwaukee better for some reason.

Really? I live just about smack dab in the middle of Chicago and Milwaukee. Kenosha WI which is like an hour from Chicago and 45 minutes from Milwaukee. I lived in Milwaukee during college and wasn't really a fan and love to go to Chicago as much as possible. I just love that city as there is a ton of interesting stuff to see/do there.

As others said, if you are going to Chicago, just stay to the North and stay to the East. The South side is pretty crime ridden and the West side is probably worse. There are more murders in Chicago than anywhere in the US but they all pretty much happen in certain areas. The nice districts are very nice and the bad districts are awful. The lakeside is the best part of the city IMO.

welcome to our beautiful city. Make sure you hit up lou malnatis on wells street and/or portillos on clark which are both easily walking distance from your hotel.

Have you been to Lou Malanti's, Uno's or Giordano's for deep dish?

-streets are reminiscent of some parts of NY except more empty/less traffic

You know what else is reminiscent?
- The subway stations
Just the layout and designs of the stations, track layout, and train length/passenger seats feels exactly like a 1:1 identical ratio.

Enjoy Chicago. Great city full of great people.

And folks act as though the North side of the city is the only "good" part of town. I think these opinions come primarily from reading sensationalized news stories about crime as opposed to real-life experience. In reality there are areas in the South and West side that are very safe--the South side of town is geographically much larger than the North, after all. On the flip side, there are also parts of Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Uptown and other North side areas where crime is a bit more common.

The Bridgeport neighborhood in the Southwest part of town gave the world the delicious breaded steak sandwich.

If you are in the downtown area you should consider trying a sandwich from Cafecito. Best Cuban coffee and sandwiches outside of Cuba.

Assholes, sadly, can be found world-wide. Even in places where you least expect to encounter them.

Sure but they are more frequent in Chicago and Philly than any other cities in the US.

Back