Chicago

Either it wasn't funny or nobody got this.

It was too well-explained for those of us who know how said boat tours go to really find it hilarious. Too little left to the imagination, I reckon.

^^ for work, unfortunately.

I now run IT for our Chicago office so I'll be visiting over here a few times a year.

I'm going to go out in a bit with a colleague but I think the heavy drinking might be going down tomorrow night. I don't want to party too hardy though I just want to wrap up & get back to NY

Chicago is a great place to visit and I would not want to live there.

Pizza there is no joke.

The architecture is amazing

Walking the lake and river at night is nice.

Bands there great -try to drinking with David Yow for a real Chicago experience.

Pizza there is no joke.

Bands there great -try to drinking with David Yow for a real Chicago experience.

Brendan Kelly and Tim Kinsella are both bartenders here, too.

[YT]6pgjZKH2pa4[/YT]
Start it around :45.

portillos on clark

haha yeah the Ita-yin beefs was for lunch

dinner was at Maggiano's.

good food but ate like a fucking pig today. there goes my 6 pack.

next, what is it about Chicago broads? there's a class they possess & this candor/enthusiastic curiosity. I had two blondies with these fucking enthralling smiles declaring, not asking, as if it dawned upon them "you're not from around here" after a brief exchange of words. as soon as I mentioned I'm from New York BAM. if I didn't have a girl man, fwarkkkk

something about meeting chicks in their territory - makes shit a hell of a lot easier

Pizza there is no joke.

just go to liars club. Pegboy basically lives there.

I would NOT recommend walking along the Chicago river at night. Lol

I agree. Lots of cool neighborhoods and places on the south side.

And no scarier than any other major city, seriously. The murder rate is just gangbangers killing each other, they're not killing innocent passers-by (unless by mistake). The bad neighborhoods have nothing to see anyway, so nobody goes there except the gangbangers. It's really an overblown problem as it relates to the world outside of those neighborhoods. They obviously are in a bad situation in those neighborhoods and me calling it an overblown problem sounds callous, but what I'm saying is to your normal dude that travels through Chicago, or family that lives in any other part of Chicago, it has almost no impact on you. These gangbangers aren't out for you, they're out for other gangabangers. So don't join a gang and you'll be ok.

Yea, I would not follow this advice. The south side is not a place to explore on your first trip to Chicago. I agree they Probably won't shoot you for having the wrong colors on, but given the chance they'd be glad to rob you.

Yea, I would not follow this advice. The south side is not a place to explore on your first trip to Chicago. I agree they Probably won't shoot you for having the wrong colors on, but given the chance they'd be glad to rob you.

It wasn't really advice, just rambling thoughts.

Not sure if Taylor Street or Chinatown count as South Side, but I'd send a visitor to either place no problem.

It wasn't really advice, just rambling thoughts.

Not sure if Taylor Street or Chinatown count as South Side, but I'd send a visitor to either place no problem.

Taylor Street and Chinatown are somewhat cool, but definitely not the spot I'd steer people on their first visit or anything.

I live here and I go to those spots hardly ever.

The real violence is going on in places like Engelwood. Visitors staying in river north are literally in zero danger coming here generally speaking unless you venture down south to buy crack or something equally dumb to put yourself in harms way.

I was told my all of my Chicago staff that I ought not to worry - that I should be able to hang since I'm from NY.

that doesn't mean I can take any potential problem head on, rather that I know what & what not to avoid, & definitely not act a fool up in these parts the very same as I wouldn't back home.

Exactly bebop, being from a big city you should be able to navigate other big cities and spot the areas to avoid. Common sense goes a long way so you'll be fine.

I always love the "you're going to get shot/robbed" posts from out-of-towners whenever Chicago comes up on this board. People just buy into the sensationalism from the media without really looking at the specifics of the problems.

^^ forreal, people are friendly as fuck, still no reason to drop your guard & feel too comforted

It was too well-explained for those of us who know how said boat tours go to really find it hilarious. Too little left to the imagination, I reckon.

that was dave matthews band, right?

Exactly bebop, being from a big city you should be able to navigate other big cities and spot the areas to avoid. Common sense goes a long way so you'll be fine.

I always love the "you're going to get shot/robbed" posts from out-of-towners whenever Chicago comes up on this board. People just buy into the sensationalism from the media without really looking at the specifics of the problems.

Still, as with anywhere: 'it ain't where you're form, its where you're at'

There are definately parts in the city of Chicago you shouldn't be unless you need to be there. Bottom line.

Still, as with anywhere: 'it ain't where you're form, its where you're at'

There are definately parts in the city of Chicago you shouldn't be unless you need to be there. Bottom line.

yeah, stay out of the west side areas like austin, k-town, etc, and south side areas like englewood, chatham, gresham. most of the rest of chicago is perfectly fine

Unless you like flying southwest, flying in and out of midway isn't very convenient. There's what two other small airlines that fly out of there?

It is more convenient though timewise. Fortunately I live right in between both O'Hare and Midway.

Don't sweat good or bad areas, chances are you'll only be travelling around downtown. But if you do decide to explore even further away, make it point to only head north. There are some other okay pockets, but I wouldn't chance it unless you know where you are going. It really changes from block to block.

^^ forreal, people are friendly as fuck, still no reason to drop your guard & feel too comforted

People from the city are usually pretty friendly, its a lot of suburbanites that are uptight assholes. Although Lincoln Park and Lakeview are full of trixies and chads, unless you dont mind the frat scene in a big city.

Although I will say no trip to Chicago is complete without visiting the Wieners Circle in Lincoln Park at 2 a.m on Friday night.

Back