Chicago

weed

ʇɹǝdxƎ nʞᴉɐH
@Titanium
Reaction score
so I'm here visiting our Chicago office for the rest of the week.

-weather is a pinch colder than NY, I like it
-streets are reminiscent of some parts of NY except more empty/less traffic
-security is hilarious, I walk into the office building past security - zero questions asked. back home you can't get passed security in office buildings & always have to get clearance.

overall it's awesome, a lot of business upscale chicks around, none of that hoodrat shit found everywhere in NY. BUT, I'm told that's because I'm in the nice part of Chicago.

I'm staying at he Aloft Chicago City Center & the experience is a joke though (funny, not enough to get me mad at all). I check in & the kid asks me "you checked in yesterday". I tell him that's impossible, & not a moment later a suit comes up & casually says with a frustrated face " there's a woman all situated in my room & I walked in on her". the kids asks in return "you sure it wasn't a cleaning woman?" hahaha fucking hilarious. then the kid & two other of the staff argue about using their inhouse booking/checkin program incorrectly. I finally got my room, but now just moments ago I returned & my card didn't work. I go down & the night staff, although knowledgeable, is made up of plump round women.

thought I'd share.

3SW8Zdo.jpg

PORrpfL.jpg

cool phone bra

I had a great time last time I went to Chicago, as long as you stay out of certain parts.

cabs are definitely more of a rip over here compared to NY though, strange as all hell. O'Hare to my hotel was 40 beans. Manhattan to Queens isn't even that much

& no I haven't seen any thugnificent bastards but I saw some hot athletic & explosive business broads.

Was just there last week. Like Milwaukee better for some reason.

Yeah it's nice until you get to the south end, then you understand why it's the murder capital of the country.

^^ for work, unfortunately.

I now run IT for our Chicago office so I'll be visiting over here a few times a year.

I'm going to go out in a bit with a colleague but I think the heavy drinking might be going down tomorrow night. I don't want to party too hardy though I just want to wrap up & get back to NY

^^ for work, unfortunately.

I now run IT for our Chicago office so I'll be visiting over here a few times a year.

I'm going to go out in a bit with a colleague but I think the heavy drinking might be going down tomorrow night. I don't want to party too hardy though I just want to wrap up & get back to NY

Oh so you don't need to get your deep dish pizza/italian beef/second city/etc experiences all on this trip.

Make sure to say Hi if you bump into me. I'll be the guy in the shirt.

@LilMountain: haha yeah I'd love to indulge but I've recently changed my diet completely & avoid all of that now, but believe me it's hard.

@TheStruggle: for sure man. I hear the airports are waaay more strict & thorough over here. my flight is at 6:30pm on Friday & I was planning on heading over there at 5:30 - everyone here immediately said that's way too late & I should head on over 4pm latest.

cabs are definitely more of a rip over here compared to NY though, strange as all hell. O'Hare to my hotel was 40 beans. Manhattan to Queens isn't even that much

Should have took the subway (blue line) to O'Hare. Much, much, much cheaper than the cab.

haha yeah, thankfully this entire trip won't cost me a dime

@LilMountain: haha yeah I'd love to indulge but I've recently changed my diet completely & avoid all of that now, but believe me it's hard.

@TheStruggle: for sure man. I hear the airports are waaay more strict & thorough over here. my flight is at 6:30pm on Friday & I was planning on heading over there at 5:30 - everyone here immediately said that's way too late & I should head on over 4pm latest.

If it is a United flight, 4 PM for a late afternoon/early evening flight would be about right depending on where you are coming from. Certain roads get backed up starting mid afternoon on Fridays.

Should have took the subway (blue line) to O'Hare. Much, much, much cheaper than the cab.

Great idea....you don't have to worry about traffic either. You have a pretty good idea how long it'll take almost exactly whereas with a cab you can get stuck.

Back