Social Chicago Public Schools lost 77,000 devices - $23M worth of laptops, iPads and other devices in 1 year, report says

So….

What are the odds that shit is sitting in a warehouse, store room or some shit?

I doubt those devices ever even touched a network otherwise they’d know where they are at.

I doubt your average chi town knuckle head knows how to change MAC addresses in the BIOs.

They know. They're lying.

Illegal Immigrants kids are allowed to go to schools? Wouldn't that be a massive burden on a already struggling educational system. I love the videos of liberals saying Black peeps can't get Id's...Its comical and so racist to even suggest that.

CPS released a written statement reacting to the report. On the 77,000 lost laptops and other tech devices, CPS said, "the majority of the 77,000 assets … were well over 5 years old." The district added, "the typical lifespan of a computer is five years. Many of the lost assets were thrown out by schools due to their age."
And yet, from that same article.
Reema Amin, a reporter for Chalkbeat, a nonprofit news organization, noted: “In reality the district doesn't really have a reliable way to track where their devices are going or really to hold staff and students and families accountable."
CPS wouldn't lie or downplay their travesty of accountablity, would they? Because, you know, that would risk losing them funding.

They wouldn't have a vested interest in lying about this, would they?
<TheDonald>

And yet, from that same article.

CPS wouldn't lie or downplay their travesty of accountablity, would they? Because, you know, that would risk losing them funding.

They wouldn't have a vested interest in lying about this, would they?
<TheDonald>

I already made that point and he fled.

My daughter uses a school issued Chromebook. They take a deposit.
If it's not returned, they charge you. They have your card.

pretty fucking simple
It’s unfair to poor people who don’t have a card… studies say there’s a million bums in America without debit cards

Back