Character flaws that get in your way of success?

Lack of dedication and poor work ethic.
HIMBOB said:
I give myself some excellent advice, set out a clear plan to achieve a goal and then ignore it.
Yup or maybe I don't ignore it, but I just don't do it. It sucks.

overconfidence in my ability to wing everything and pull it off at the last minute

I don't like working with other people because they are all lazy/suck or are assholes.

It also bothers me more than it should when people aren't pulling their weight.Most people just shrug it off. It bothers me a lot.

I'm over-critical of myself. Even when I do something right, and I mean PERFECTLY, I find done flaws in it later and dont do it again.

I speak my mind to much and point out flaws of people who are above me in the pecking order at work... This has gotten me into trouble many times but I always repeat the same line, "well am I wrong or right." The problem is I don't say anything unless its right. If youre gonna be a big mouth at least be right. So I pick my spots.

I don't tolerate double talk, contradictions and pure stupidity, regardless if theyre my superior or not... I CANNOT stand inattention to detail and impulsivity when it comes to "new rules."

Haha. I do that too! "Am I wrong? AM I WRONG?!?". & I always do that when theres no way I can be wrong either.

I can be pretty damn lazy when not at work. While I'm at work, I don't really have a choice but to work (and post on Sherdog), so I'm productive and get all my shit done. I usually go home and do a whole lot of nothing outside of the gym though.

Self-sabotage.

I have a tendency to stack the deck against myself right from the get-go.

I think success is really defined by what people view as successful. My calculations are far different than most thus I may be the most successful in my mind but not what everyone else may think. :icon_chee If succeeding is in form of material then I think it's only a partial success in time it fades but if you succeed mentally then you are forever wealthy and truly successful.

Back