Character flaws that get in your way of success?

I waste a lot of time staring at the finger pointing at the moon.

You can solve all of that by saying "no offence."

People seem to think that's a green light to say anything. Whenever someone says to you "no offence," prepare to be offended.

LOL this is so true. It is like the person who is a rude prick but passes it off as simply being direct.

don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory?

46211402.jpg

Procrastination and lack of assertiveness. I slid by on my intelligence for years without real work, and now it's hard for me. I lost my dad when I was young and I need approval, so people like to ask me for favors and to take shifts, while I am simultaneously terrified of rejection. I don't have any long term goals, so like a goldfish I grow to the limits of my environment and then stop. I have a terrible time ending toxic relationships, while at the same time having the ability to make needy women attached to me. I'm very witty off the cuff and able to maintain a neutral persona, so people don't know the majority of my time is spent wondering if it hurts to hang yourself.

we are a lot alike, up to and including the part about losing your father.

Avoidance. Excessive rumination. Maybe crippling indecisiveness. I dunno. Self-doubt?

I'm also terribly NON-competitive. A natural born loser so to say.

Growing up I had no problems not winning, as long as I didn't come in last. Mediocrity at its finest. I played sports growing up and was a decent athlete. I had no problems with losing as long as I made a couple of good plays here an there.

I'm also terribly NON-competitive. A natural born loser so to say.

Growing up I had no problems not winning, as long as I didn't come in last. Mediocrity at its finest. I played sports growing up and was a decent athlete. I had no problems with losing as long as I made a couple of good plays here an there.

ah that's not a big deal. really competitive people, while it may translate to $, are the most annoying. they are the types of people that helplessly ruin shit as lighthearted as a game of Jenga.

i think my worst flaw has to be having the ability to acknowledge my flaws and do little to nothing about it. complacency, i suppose.

ah that's not a big deal. really competitive people, while it may translate to $, are the most annoying. they are the types of people that helplessly ruin shit as lighthearted as a game of Jenga.

Do you know how many lunch hours were lost during my childhood because my buddies would argue over whether or not that touchdown/run/goal etc. counted or not?

"Guys! We only have 40 minutes left until we have to be back in class. Guys?"

i think my worst flaw has to be having the ability to acknowledge my flaws and do little to nothing about it. complacency, i suppose.

It's easy to get lost in self-examination, the happiest people are the ones who never question themselves, the most complete are the ones who spend a proper portion of their time questioning, improving, and enjoying. I am not one of these people.

It's easy to get lost in self-examination, the happiest people are the ones who never question themselves, the most complete are the ones who spend a proper portion of their time questioning, improving, and enjoying. I am not one of these people.

Ignorance is bliss.

Do you know how many lunch hours were lost during my childhood because my buddies would argue over whether or not that touchdown/run/goal etc. counted or not?

"Guys! We only have 40 minutes left until we have to be back in class. Guys?"

i've seen these situations begin, but i never stuck around for it. i was much healthier (psychologically) in high school. i had a lot of different friends so it was always easy to escape this kind of crap and find other people to hang out with.

Following my own plans.

I give myself some excellent advice, set out a clear plan to achieve a goal and then ignore it.

I speak my mind to much and point out flaws of people who are above me in the pecking order at work... This has gotten me into trouble many times but I always repeat the same line, "well am I wrong or right." The problem is I don't say anything unless its right. If youre gonna be a big mouth at least be right. So I pick my spots.

I don't tolerate double talk, contradictions and pure stupidity, regardless if theyre my superior or not... I CANNOT stand inattention to detail and impulsivity when it comes to "new rules."

Back