Character flaws that get in your way of success?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I made a thread earlier this week in regards to an incident that happened between a relative and after some soul searching and looking back I realized I have some severe flaws that are getting in a way of a better future.

For example:

Procrastination: I tend to think that once I figure out or get everything to be perfect then I won't take action or I over-analyze things and find negative scenarios that it might backfire or its a bad idea and that I should just be happy with what I have.

Worrying/Anxiety: I find that everything has to be perfect, if anything goes wrong then thats it I failed, when I viewed this character flaw of mine, I was enraged with myself since this type of behaviour is shared by chicks who want to have the "perfect" wedding day.

Excessive Assumption: sometimes I get angry at little things and I start over-analyzing it other than letting it go and looking to take control of my actions for a better future. Its more like "what did he mean by that" "What was that suppose to mean?"

Overthinking: ofcourse everything I wrote comes from the same source which is overthinking, its good that I think but I don't take enough actions to make a profoundly positive change in my own life.

I am doing everything I can to change these behaviours and become a better person like going to see a hypnotherapist to see if I can somehow change my pattern of thoughts.

So with that in mind, what about you guys, what kind of personality flaws do you guys have that hinders your potential for a better future as well as a better relationship?

low serotonin levels which lead to laziness and depression ...although thats not so much of a character flaw

I made a thread earlier this week in regards to an incident that happened between a relative and after some soul searching and looking back I realized I have some severe flaws that are getting in a way of a better future.

For example:

Procrastination: I tend to think that once I figure out or get everything to be perfect then I won't take action or I over-analyze things and find negative scenarios that it might backfire or its a bad idea and that I should just be happy with what I have.

Worrying/Anxiety: I find that everything has to be perfect, if anything goes wrong then thats it I failed, when I viewed this character flaw of mine, I was enraged with myself since this type of behaviour is shared by chicks who want to have the "perfect" wedding day.

Excessive Assumption: sometimes I get angry at little things and I start over-analyzing it other than letting it go and looking to take control of my actions for a better future. Its more like "what did he mean by that" "What was that suppose to mean?"

Overthinking: ofcourse everything I wrote comes from the same source which is overthinking, its good that I think but I don't take enough actions to make a profoundly positive change in my own life.

I am doing everything I can to change these behaviours and become a better person like going to see a hypnotherapist to see if I can somehow change my pattern of thoughts.

So with that in mind, what about you guys, what kind of personality flaws do you guys have that hinders your potential for a better future as well as a better relationship?

If you're not a chick you're extremely beta.

Worrying/anxiety/overthinking

Having too large of a penis

being too handsome

I worry about important things. You know, things like the significance of the setup man for the closer in baseball, or why the fuck do my toenails take so long to grow. I mean I can cut my finger nails 3 times to every 1 for my toes.

I worry about important things. You know, things like the significance of the setup man for the closer in baseball, or why the fuck do my toenails take so long to grow. I mean I can cut my finger nails 3 times to every 1 for my toes.

I often spend many sleepless nights wondering whether or not Britney Spears has the body to be a natural bodybuilder.

laziness
not giving a fuck
thinking nothing matters and everyone/everything else sucks no matter what

those aren't flaws of course, i don't have flaws and i'm really successful, or whatever

I obsess over minute details.

"The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.

But, most people don't listen to the lyrics but THEY SHOULD.

Patrick?

Procrastination. Impatience.

Do you have 3 times as many fingers as toes? Or are some of your toes missing toenails?

honesty. Don't ask me to be honest, you will get the cold brutality of the truth and you won't like it one bit.

Being the most modest man alive, maybe even ever. M.O.A.T

honesty. Don't ask me to be honest, you will get the cold brutality of the truth and you won't like it one bit.

You can solve all of that by saying "no offence."

People seem to think that's a green light to say anything. Whenever someone says to you "no offence," prepare to be offended.

honestly, the world needs more people like that

too many people get shit sugar coated to them and it puts them on a high horse

oh my god, there are so many.

delusional optimism, horrible procrastinator (this isn't laziness, it's terrible anxiety), i embarrass easily, i am incredibly sensitive to people's opinions of me.

it is really hard for me to take risks.

honestly, the world needs more people like that

too many people get shit sugar coated to them and it puts them on a high horse

Here's your participation ribbon you special little snowflake you.

Procrastination and lack of assertiveness. I slid by on my intelligence for years without real work, and now it's hard for me. I lost my dad when I was young and I need approval, so people like to ask me for favors and to take shifts, while I am simultaneously terrified of rejection. I don't have any long term goals, so like a goldfish I grow to the limits of my environment and then stop. I have a terrible time ending toxic relationships, while at the same time having the ability to make needy women attached to me. I'm very witty off the cuff and able to maintain a neutral persona, so people don't know the majority of my time is spent wondering if it hurts to hang yourself.

Back