• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Change One Rule in the UFC

They can’t even enforce rules consistently forget about changing rules.

Knees to grounded opponents, no question at all to me it'd be the biggest most positive change of any 1 rule. Not only is it a non sensical rule to have, it's a tool both strikers and grapplers can use to great effect.

Kicks to the head of a downed opponent should either be legal or kicks off of your back should be illegal... How is it fair for the guy on bis back to be allowed to kick when the guy standing up can't? We have guys knocking out their opponents with upkicks (rare but it happens sometimes) and it's perfectly legal. However if the guy on the feet got a soccer kick ko he would lose by dq.

Legalize soccer kicks. It would nullify and make guys think twice about constantly shooting for a takedown if there was a big penalty if they failed.
But that's just one of many things I'd change but that is the top of the list. After all it is called the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Soccer kicks are a big weapon, especially when it comes to defense.

Stop protecting grapplers from strikers full skillset. I know that isn't one rule. But strikers used to be able to punish grapplers for attempted tds and bash them open from many positions they no longer can. Fuck they used to be able to stand up quicker and kick the dude in the face. Now that's a fight. What we have now is a sport that heavily favors grapplers.

Back