Chandler: I will be UFC Champion by July 2021

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
That is one confident fighter, the talk about being champ starts around 50 ish minute mark. Also goes out of his way to bash the Bellator champ pitbull. No need for cliffs podcast is laid back mainly about Michael Chandlers life. It was a solid podcast though worth a listen

Quote:
In response to pitbull being jealous hes in the UFC: “The funny thing is I am in a much better position right now. I one degree of separation from the UFC Title. I will be UFC Champ by 2021 so you think I am worried about
his little self [pitbull]”

Last edited:
Possible.

If he wins against Tony in an impressive fashion, he might get the shot.

I dont understand the hate towards him. His fights are always bananas and he's a hard fight for anyone. Even if he loses, it will be good fights.

What's he supposed to say, "I'm realistically not gonna be the UFC Champ ever"?

Chandler certainly believes in himself, which is one of the reasons why he's had a lot of success. Very unlikely he'll be UFC champ at this point, but it wouldn't be that crazy if it happened considering how open the division is now. Just needs to win two fights against some combination of Tony/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier and he's the champ. Again not likely... but crazier things have happened in MMA.

Nah. I have to imagine he's in the USADA testing pool now right? Has he been tested yet? Will be interesting to see how well he can do in the UFC though, don't see him cracking the top 5 tbh.

Lol Pitbull will always be your daddy Mike

That'd be cool with me. I love Chandler but I gotta see how he stacks up with these top guys here in the UFC first.

Will Brooks will jump off a bridge if he sees Chandler do well in the UFC.

Possible.

If he wins against Tony in an impressive fashion, he might get the shot.

I dont understand the hate towards him. His fights are always bananas and he's a hard fight for anyone. Even if he loses, it will be good fights.

I'm trying to sound cool and side with the popular opinion at the time GOD DAMMIT!!!

giphy.gif

Maybe he's getting pushed because it shows how much better the UFC fighters are. As in, if they make him out to be the absolute best that Bellator have to offer, and he gets destroyed by a top 5 UFC LW, it shows there's a bit of a gulf in talent between the 2 orgs. Which there generally is tbf. Welter is probably Bellators best div, followed by LW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back