Chandler: I will be UFC Champion by July 2021

Better than him saying “I’m never going to win the UFC title and will get cut after going 0-3 in the promotion”

yeah yeah. and brandon vera was going to be two-division champ.

Anyone who doesn't see how annoying Chandler is has never listened to him talk, (especially over the last few months) and probably have only watched his fights.
I have been following him since the first Alvarez fight and watched his podcast with Theo Von last week.

I dunno, he never triggered me.

He’ll be tapping to a Darce choke from Tony before the Super Bowl.

If he gets by Tony and Conor then I believe it.

I think Gaethje is his biggest stylistic challenge...now that Khabib is gone. Poirier would also be a really tough fight for him. It's possible he could wrestle his way to a win vs. Poirier and Conor, but I'm not convinced he can repliate what Khabib did. I think he may beat Tony simply because Tony is about to turn 37 and is really shopworn.

yeah yeah. and brandon vera was going to be two-division champ.

Vera was a weird case for sure. On paper he was quite good: D1 wrestling, supposedly strong BJJ, good Muay Thai. And he did look quite good before he had a contract dispute and had a layoff. I think if he came back to LHW instead of HW, he could've beaten Chuck Liddell (around the same time Rampage, Jardine and everyone else beat Chuck). But guys like Tim Sylvia and Werdum were too big for him at HW, and he never really got back on track, at least until he went to One, LOL.

Probably. If he beats Tony and beats Mcg (could be but he's chinny). But to be fair i don't see him beating either Tony or Mcg.

Let's see what happens.

Don't know if he will be champ, but I really liked that interview. He is very laid back, well spoken and confident.

Yeah, I like as a person. Seems like a good guy, family man who adopted a child. The only knock on him (and it's a big one) is his likely PED use, at least in the past. You just can't be built like he is AND be able to go hard for 5 rounds unless you're on some combination of juice and EPO. Gaethje has said he can't make it more than 2 rounds if he wrestlers aggressively.

I'm not a fan of his Ben Askren-ish talk as he's entrered the UFC, though....just take the first decent fight you get offered and do your talking in the cage.

Yeah, I like as a person. Seems like a good guy, family man who adopted a child. The only knock on him (and it's a big one) is his likely PED use, at least in the past. You just can't be built like he is AND be able to go hard for 5 rounds unless you're on some combination of juice and EPO. Gaethje has said he can't make it more than 2 rounds if he wrestlers aggressively.

I'm not a fan of his Ben Askren-ish talk as he's entrered the UFC, though....just take the first decent fight you get offered and do your talking in the cage.
Yeah, but about PEDs, if a guy isn't caught, he shouldnt be considered guilty. Maybe unlikely, but some guys are just a freak of nature. Also, Gaethje isn't training his wrestling, so he gasses fast when he graples or wrestles. If you look at Khabib, he can go pretty hard for 5 rounds. Anyways, I get your point.

Yeah, but about PEDs, if a guy isn't caught, he shouldnt be considered guilty. Maybe unlikely, but some guys are just a freak of nature. Also, Gaethje isn't training his wrestling, so he gasses fast when he graples or wrestles. If you look at Khabib, he can go pretty hard for 5 rounds. Anyways, I get your point.

I generally agree about PEDs...for guys in the UFC. For example, most people here like to accuse Hendricks of PEDs, but he was never caught. And he was tested under USADA. However, it's different for guys in Scott Coker's organizations. Hardly anyone gets caught. Overeem, Werdum and Bigfoot came to the UFC from Strikeforce where none of them ever tested positive. All 3 got caught in the UFC. Overeem was especially guilty--he looked like a comic book character. He was former LHW who cut from 280 when he was in his Ubereem stage.

Maybe he's getting pushed because it shows how much better the UFC fighters are. As in, if they make him out to be the absolute best that Bellator have to offer, and he gets destroyed by a top 5 UFC LW, it shows there's a bit of a gulf in talent between the 2 orgs. Which there generally is tbf. Welter is probably Bellators best div, followed by LW.
He's not the best Bellator has to offer. He wasn't the champ when he left. He's 34 and his best days are probably behind him. That being said he may still be able to compete with the top guys but we won't know until he fights again. He's in better shape than Askren was since he's not retired and doesn't need hip replacement surgery. I'd like to see him fight Ferguson but who knows what will happen with how garbage UFC match making is these days.

To be champ he needs to get a fight first...He has been nothing but talk, was the backup of a big fight, time to fight someone.

I highly doubt it, he couldn't even hold onto the Bellator belt. Yes Bellator where UFC rejects go and become 2 weight champs lol.

I generally agree about PEDs...for guys in the UFC. For example, most people here like to accuse Hendricks of PEDs, but he was never caught. And he was tested under USADA. However, it's different for guys in Scott Coker's organizations. Hardly anyone gets caught. Overeem, Werdum and Bigfoot came to the UFC from Strikeforce where none of them ever tested positive. All 3 got caught in the UFC. Overeem was especially guilty--he looked like a comic book character. He was former LHW who cut from 280 when he was in his Ubereem stage.
Strikeforce had the same testing as the UFC back then. They were tested by the State athletic commisions.

He's not the best Bellator has to offer. He wasn't the champ when he left. He's 34 and his best days are probably behind him. That being said he may still be able to compete with the top guys but we won't know until he fights again. He's in better shape than Askren was since he's not retired and doesn't need hip replacement surgery. I'd like to see him fight Ferguson but who knows what will happen with how garbage UFC match making is these days.

Agree. I didn't say he was the best they have to offer, I said that if White makes him out to be the best, if and when he gets soundly beaten by UFC fighters that highlights the capability gap between the two orgs.

Back