Chandler: I will be UFC Champion by July 2021

It would be funny if - somehow - he managed to become UFC champion and then Patricio Freire came over and beat his ass again... <{Heymansnicker}>
I'm still amazed chandler was not KO'd by USADA - feel like Pitbull would be USADA'd before he even made it to an actual fight in the UfC.

Reactions: mkt
Part of me hope he does it, but I feel like he’s all talk at this point.

It's possible, even if he's not really one of the 2 or 3 best LWs in the UFC. It all depends on match-ups, injuries, etc. I don't think Eddie Alvarez was a Top 2 or 3 UFC LW (definitely Top 10 though). But he fought RDA for the belt when RDA literally passed out hours before the fight due to a terrible weight cut. Those things can happen. I see the current LW division like LHW before Jones was champ. You had a bunch of guys who could beat each other, depending on style match-ups and who was a better fighter that night: Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Forrest, etc. In fact, LHW is like that again without Jones or Cormier.

I doubt it

Possible, I guess. But I think Khamzat has a 100x better chance to take a UFC belt next year than Chandler has. If Chandler fights Gaethje he's going to be carried out on a stretcher, and Tony probably takes home a limb

Has he answered Tony yet?

Islam called him out, he said no.
RDA called him out, he said no.
Now Tony calls him out and he gets all quiet...

Well Tony is 2 years older than Chandler and probably 10 years older in fighter years, especially after the Gaethje fight.
Chandler has been in numerous 5 round wars and has been dropped a lot and KO’d/TKO’d on several occasions. Tony has also been fighting once a year for about the past 4 years. I’m not so sure Chandler has that much less mileage than Tony, if any.

Well Tony is 2 years older than Chandler and probably 10 years older in fighter years, especially after the Gaethje fight.
And he is DONE. Also he would have never gotten gold had he faced Justin, Dustin or Khabib. Chandler will have a hard time.

Reactions: mkt
Don't know if he will be champ, but I really liked that interview. He is very laid back, well spoken and confident.

Pitbull will probably get 1 million from the Bellator tournament... That's more than Chandler will make in his short UFC career. <seedat>

Maybe he's getting pushed because it shows how much better the UFC fighters are. As in, if they make him out to be the absolute best that Bellator have to offer, and he gets destroyed by a top 5 UFC LW, it shows there's a bit of a gulf in talent between the 2 orgs. Which there generally is tbf. Welter is probably Bellators best div, followed by LW.
Everybody knows there is a gap in talent between organizations. Chandler is one of the best Bellator has to offer, even if he wins a few fights here, it won't change opinions that Bellator is somehow better than it is. Most Bellator cards are a bore....with shitty shallow talent pools.

I dont understand the hate towards him. His fights are always bananas and he's a hard fight for anyone. Even if he loses, it will be good fights.
Anyone who doesn't see how annoying Chandler is has never listened to him talk, (especially over the last few months) and probably have only watched his fights.

Chandler has been in numerous 5 round wars and has been dropped a lot and KO’d/TKO’d on several occasions. Tony has also been fighting once a year for about the past 4 years. I’m not so sure Chandler has that much less mileage than Tony, if any.

Chandler has fought a steady diet of no-names like Yamaguchi, Sydney Outlaw, Girtz, etc. in recent years. Those fights don't wear you down. Compare who he's fought since Eddie Alvarez left Bellator to Tony fighting Gaethje, Josh Thomson, RDA, MJ, Barboza, Lee, Pettis, etc.

He can wrestfuk Conor and gaethje but not porier.

Not sure about Gaethje. What Khabib did wasn't what most guys could do...including D1 wrestlers. Gaethje appears to have a horrible bottom game and little submission defense, but he's not an easy guy to take down. His TDD and scrambling back to his feet are good.

Chsndler will be a fixture in top 15 by next summer.

Fixed.

Back