Chandler 1 win 1 title fight, Ferguson 12 wins streak 0 title fight

Chandler is more promotable. End of story.
And also Tony will likely never win against anyone good after Justins whooping.

Tony never getting that official title shot is one of the biggest travesties in the sport. At this stage he’s never going to get it either. It’s a shame but it is what it is. With Tony being my favorite fighter ever it’s obviously a bit upsetting to see Chandler get a title shot so fast. However Tony didn’t do himself any favors in this particular situation either.

Max had to go and win 10+ fights to actually fight for the titel.

We would not be in this position if Poirier chose to fight Oliveira for the vacant titel.

Why do people seem to forgot the fact that the UFC signed him as a backup for the Khabib/Gaethje fight? Meaning he's already in line to fight for the title since the day he signed the dotted line. And he isn't a nobody. He's already fighting for world titles that time Tony just got out of the TUF house. He's been ranked as one of the top LWs in the world for some time and people have been wanting to see him in the UFC for years.

No disrespect to Tony, his record/streak in the LW division will prolly last a long time. He's dealt with bad luck and unfortunate circumstances that's why he never got to fight for the undisputed title. And mad respect to him for playing the hell out of his cards even he has been dealt with bad ones.

Chandler is more promotable. End of story.
And also Tony will likely never win against anyone good after Justins whooping.

I don't know about that. Tony is crazy and wild and people like that. Plus he is coming from a minor league organization where most casuals don't know him

Obviously Tony isn't getting a title shot at this point but OP has a point

Chandler deserves it second to Poirier who wants the big payday instead. Although if he loses I would like to see Chandler vs Felder.

Back