Chance that Conor makes a mockery of Khabib and dominates him?

Dominates? No chance. He has the possibility of knocking him out in round 1 or 2 though.
How would that not be a domination? Do you expect Khabib to win some of those exchanges if it stays standing?

Conor McGregor fans are in for a huge disappointment. He will be taken down. He will be pounded on. He will look like a fish out of water. And Khabib fans may be disappointed too. Conor might not be finished so easily. He might tough it out to a decision. Who the fudge knows?

All I know for certain is that Conor Mcgregor is not winning this fight.
Where the bet slip at buddeh? If you know for certain why not make free money?

Khabib has stated he dosen't want to stand with Conor and understands how good Conor's striking is.

For all we know Khabib's big head could come with a granite chin. It has never been really tested.

I believe that Khabib has strayed from his game plan before and his corner didn't like it. They wanted him to TD, TD, TD against Al iaquinta but he chose to stand and bang I believe.

I've got $10 on Conor so I hope he puts on a Aldo or Alvarez style performance.

Conor vs. Khabib is a classic striker vs. wrestler match. I don’t believe that Conor is very durable and if Khabib gets Conor down 1 time it’s over for Conor. Khabib’s grappling is too dominate and Conor just isn’t as knowledgeable on the ground or durable enough to withstand Khabib’s GnP or sub game long.

On the flip side Khabib has shown some horrendous striking and he likes to strike which isn’t good for someone who isn’t a great striker. I think Khabib could be over-confident in his striking since he’s gotten away with poor striking in the past. Khabib does have to use his striking to set up his takedowns so he should have a decent stand up game but it’s far below Conor’s. I think Khabib’s stand up has looked better than it is because he’s fought guys who were so afraid of his takedeowns that they held back.

Does anyone see Conor using his stand up to frustrate, dominate, and hurt Khabib, eventually allowing Conor to drop and finish Khabib without Khabib getting a TD?

This could look like a Conor vs. Alvarez with no takedowns for Khabib.

I agree with this..I've been saying for awhile now, that this fight is going to be competitive and go awhile..can conor keep it standing long enough to do damage?..and he prevent getting taken down too often? khabib has a knack of keeping out the range of strikes..while he can be hit, he gets hit far less often that other fighers, while he's standing...I just feel though, that conor's striking is just too good.. he was training with pro boxers..he fought one of the greatest boxers of all time and hung in there for 10 rounds...so I don't think khabib will be able to keep from getting hit.

This is a true 50/50 fight.

Khabib has a 50% chance of winning a dominant decision and a 50% chance of finishing Conor.

Khabib has stated he dosen't want to stand with Conor and understands how good Conor's striking is.

For all we know Khabib's big head could come with a granite chin. It has never been really tested.
doesnt matter how good his chin is, you're talking about laser guided missle precision here..

50/50. Kabobs striking is TRASH but so is Mcgoobers wrestling but wrestler usually neutralizes striking. I'd give conor all the props in the world if he's one of few ppl who can break the wrestler v striker pattern.

Either way whichever one loses will become an over rated can and the new sherdog pariah over night.

I don't see how Kebab fans can be so confident after what happened to Eddie.

McGregor was great in that fight, but unlike Eddie, who did not commit when he entered the pocket, Khabib won't have that problem. Watch Eddie again and you can see that he did not commit to what he was doing. Daunted, overwhelmed and hurt, and knowing he was outskilled, he didn't have the faith / core / mindset to totally commit. It's there to see, and it's obvious that Khabib just does not have that defect

It will be one sided, don't know for who

I predict that you'll wake up around about the same time that Conor does.

Wait, why you coming after me? You didn't like his break down? It's the most sensible break down you can come up with.

Us Orange belts have to stick together man.

If Conor fought Mendes at UFC 205 & not Edard, I believe it still would have looked the same as Conor vs Eddie. Conor looked like a bucket of assholes at the 189 weigh in, probably the worst I have ever seen a fighter look and still won. When he is fresh, he is really a fucking monster. Its remarkable that he was essentially near death, had a busted knee, was fighting a short notice opponent who was stylistically the exact opposite, did not wrestle the whole camp and still won.

Khabib is a different kind of animal tho, but let us not forget Conor is too. People talk about Conor around here as if he were some crap fighter who got lucky, but he is proven to be right up there with Jones, DC, Mighty Mouse, Dilly and the other P4P greats at the moment, and any clown that says Max is better than him needs their heads checked, as he dominated him about as much as a man can dominate another man and did so on one leg. Max is also much bigger, walks around 180+ while Conor is in the 165 area, so he is much better P4P.

Last edited:
The size difference between McGregor & Mendes was ridiculous (7cm in height & 20cm in reach). If McGregor's coaches lead him into this fight as a slimmer & lighter fighter with the expectation he'll be able to evade Khabib and last longer, they're going to see a scrawny lightweight tossed about and slammed.

It's going to be dominating one way or the other.

Most likely Khabib dominating

Khabib has that left hand that can even 230lb Nate to sleep, but Connor has that elite grappling ability to never tap. It truly is a classic striker vs grappler match up

I'm a big Conor fan though I generally agree this fight could be a blowout one way or another. I do think Conor's ground game, while certainly not at Khabib's level, is generally way under rated. He is a very serviceable grappler given his extensive work with Dannis, Gunnar, and John Kavanaugh. If he is taken down, I believe he is athletic and talented enough to defend himself and get back to the feet. I think a lot of people base his ground skills on the Mendes fight though he was badly damaged with the knee issues and unprepared for a wrestler. Also, Chad has a different style and was able to power double under Conors hips easier given his frame and explosive wrestling style vs Khabib who relys on rushing in for tie ups or low singles. You get a better sense of Conors grappling watching the Eddie or Diaz fights. In both, showed tremendous TDD and ability to create scrambles in Diaz 1.

Having said that, the issue with grappling for Conor will be how quickly the exchanges wear out his power and output. I think Conor will be able to defend himself from grappling onslaughts in the 1st and 2nd, but if he is constantly working out of tie ups and getting back to his feet then we might see a similar situation play out as we did in Penn V GSP II. That could take the sting out of his hands, keep him on the back foot, and make his legs heavier - making it easier for Khabib to really take over.

The key for Conor will be to make Khabib uncomfortable engaging by taking quick angles and popping him, perhaps even pressing Khabib with jabs and hard straight lefts. Conor has long arms, tremendous accuracy, and is good about avoiding tie ups. If Khabib steps recklessly as he's known to do then he can get hurt quickly.

Johnson's success with Khabib was over rated - but what he did well at the start was hold the center and keep his hands in Khabibs face and body - making it near impossible for Khabib to rush in and that made him look uncomfortable for the first half. By contract - Edson was not able to hold the center, he backed up, and was more reliant on kicks and TDD - which made him look bad as that is the spot Khabib shines in.

The other big question, can Khabibs chin hold up as he comes in. If so, he can grab Conor and make life unpleasant. If not, Conor can employ MJ's strategy and likely more effectively as he is a bigger guy with better boxing and footwork.

Conor's first test will be to hold the center and keep his hands in Khabibs face and body from a distance. Risky but maybe even pop the body with the quick and snappy straight kick. The battle for the center at round 1 will have huge implications for how the fights pans out for both fighters, IMHO.

I think this fight is going to look like the Mendes fight, I am referring to the pace and Conor dominating the stand up and Khabib the wrestling. I fully expect Conor to get taken down and he'll get up and move forward looking for the KO and doing damage standing and Khabib to to his thing and get him down again. I think Conor has been working on two things....1. TDD and 2. Getting up. I dont think he's really concerned with the grappling with Khabib. I am picturing Mendes/Conor but for longer than two rounds until who ever gets the finish or dec. I think Conor has the best shot to end it early and Khabib in the later rounds.

Everyone is expecting a dominant performance either way. I don't see that, I dont think Conor will KO him early and I dont think Khabib will control and dominate start to finish like Barbosa. Like I said, expect the Mendes fight but longer where it's pretty even and both guys doing well in their element.

No prediction! But I hope that Conor knocks his head off :)
I'm thinking this too. I think that might be a good way of sayin how the the fight will go. I hope it goes like you're saying but maybe 3 or 4 rounds. That's my ideal fight right there. Fuck an early KO or finish. I think Conor possibly clips Khabib in the third. But I want to see these guys put it all out there and entertain. Rootin for Khabib, I guess that would make me a Conor hater, but he'll get my praise with a good win and performance.

Back