Chance that Conor makes a mockery of Khabib and dominates him?

McGregor was great in that fight, but unlike Eddie, who did not commit when he entered the pocket, Khabib won't have that problem. Watch Eddie again and you can see that he did not commit to what he was doing. Daunted, overwhelmed and hurt, and knowing he was outskilled, he didn't have the faith / core / mindset to totally commit. It's there to see, and it's obvious that Khabib just does not have that defect
Do we know what Khabib's mindset will be like if he does get hurt? Apart from one shot from Michael Johnson he hasn't really faced any adversity in the ring especially against an elite striker like Conor. I thought Conor would beat Eddie but Eddie always gets cracked in fights and usually comes back to at least be competitive. Conor straight ran through him and that all came from the first blow that put Eddie on his ass. Will be fascinating to see how Khabib reacts if gets hit flush by Conor early.

I more or less agree with this.
Khabibs style of wrestling is very different than Chads though. Chad was shorter than Conor and able to change levels very quickly and shoot for the take down. Khabibs gonna need to pressure him against the fence and sweep him.

I don’t think it’s gonna be as easy to take Conor down as ppl think, at least for the first round and a half. I can see Khabib struggling early, and even if he does get the takedown I think Conor will manage to spring back to his feet.
But I don’t think Conor will be able to hurt Khabib the way he hurt Chad or Eddie. Khabib won’t stand in front of him and try to box the way they did. But Conor can catch Khabib when he tries to close the distance, but I don’t think it will be enough to put Khabib out.

If I had to guess I would say Conor lands decent shots in the first two rounds while Khabib attempts to close the distance and pressure him against the cage. Khabib lands a few take downs in the first two rounds but doesn’t do anything significant while he’s there.
But after the second I really think Khabib will start to take over the fight after Conor starts to tire out, and either score a late TKO or submission.

Won’t be an easy fight either way, but I’m hoping Khabib caves Conor’s head in.

Yah I am with you on this. I think there are two things that people are heavily underestimating Conor in this fight. One is his cardio, I think he's gonna surprise people with the gas tank and two his tdd. I also think that Khabibs cardio is something that is not brought up, everyone knocks Conor cardio but no one mentions Khabib. I think Khabibs cardio in this fight will be a factor as well, in the sense he will slow down. He went 5 last time but after two slowed down, and his grappling really wasnt a factor rounds 3-5. Not that Khabib has bad cardio, I just think it will pretty even in that aspect. I think who ever can inflict more damage and have stronger cardio takes this one late by TKO

Yah I am with you on this. I think there are two things that people are heavily underestimating Conor in this fight. One is his cardio, I think he's gonna surprise people with the gas tank and two his tdd. I also think that Khabibs cardio is something that is not brought up, everyone knocks Conor cardio but no one mentions Khabib. I think Khabibs cardio in this fight will be a factor as well, in the sense he will slow down. He went 5 last time but after two slowed down, and his grappling really wasnt a factor rounds 3-5. Not that Khabib has bad cardio, I just think it will pretty even in that aspect. I think who ever can inflict more damage and have stronger cardio takes this one late by TKO

I agree with your comment on Khabib’s cardio. I thought he slowed down too.

We’ll see if he gasses from getting punched in the face too.

Eddie Alvarez is much more skilled than Khabib. And Ccnor made him look like a little boy.

Back