Chance that Conor makes a mockery of Khabib and dominates him?

Khabib will hulksmash Dadbod McGregor.

It will look scarily like the Micheal Johnson fight only more brutal.

I don't think either of them have wanted to win a fight more badly. Conor wants this even more than he wanted to KO Floyd and "shock the world". So much is on the line. Conor made it personal by going after Khabib's dad. Can you imagine how much pressure Khabib is under? His family's honour is on the line. He's reminded of it every time he looks at his dad leading up to the fight. His camp are no doubt in Khabib's ear making sure he treats this like any other fight. But it's not. And they all know it. The X factor is Conor has faced this kind of pressure before. Name a fight that Khabib has had where the build up and intensity was anywhere close to Aldo, Nate 2 or Floyd? Conor could have had career ending humiliations in any of those fights. Conor looks like he's already on weight. 1-2 days of cutting max. Khabib will barely squeeze in like he always does with a much longer weight cut. And then after the biggest weigh in of his life he will try to ward off the inevitable adrenaline dump that is coming when the cage door closes and Bruce Buffer is shouting Conor's name.

Good point on pre-fight pressure. Conor is well versed in dealing with that and has called it onto himself ever since fighting Mendes. Even his main event in Ireland. I think it's something that could be quite shocking for Khabib when the moment comes, Alvarez mentioned this after his fight as well. I will give Khabib the benefit of the doubt that he can handle it but certainly an X-Factor that Conor is more prepared for than Khabib.

Without a power double I dont see Khabib closing the distance without getting his head knocked off.

Imo it will look similar to Barbosa fight.
At round 3 Conor will realise that there are another 2 rounds with the same punishment and will give up

Everyone knows Conor has 2 rounds to get it done.

Regardless of the outcome, every hater on Sherdog will be calling Tony Ferguson's name post fight.

Khabib will save Conor the trouble by checking in to his favorite hospital the day before the fight

If Conor manages to avoid the fresh take downs in round 1, I can see him landing. I wouldn't be surprised with this result.
I can also see kabib getting early take downs which Conor would have to expell a lot of energy defending. And might tire him badly in the next round.
Too much of a toss up.

Conor hits hard, if he rattles his brain Kabob might be in serious trouble. If he doesn’t, and Kabob gets him to the ground repeatedly then Conor is def in trouble.
I am Captain Obvious.

I believe that Khabib has strayed from his game plan before and his corner didn't like it. They wanted him to TD, TD, TD against Al iaquinta but he chose to stand and bang I believe.

I've got $10 on Conor so I hope he puts on a Aldo or Alvarez style performance.

I don’t know if it was Khabib straying as much as it was him not being able to find a good opening for the takedown. Al was in a low, staggered stance, common in folk wrestling, this made it very hard for Khabib to use his basic striking (boxing) to blend in with his low single because he’s forced to go from ultra-upright to ultra low in a blink of an eye. The side effect of this is that his shots are telegraphed.

The difference between Al and other Khabib opponents was that Al intentionally stayed low to dissuade a takedown and he didn’t seem so fearful of Khabib’s wrestling since he himself is a wrestler. I’m not saying Al didn’t respect Khabib’s grappling, I’m saying Al wasn’t in awe of it.

That said, Conor has wicked reaction time when he’s fresh, plus he reads takedown attempts well and uses his lead hand as his probe or weather vain.

Conor has a 64% of beating Khabib in the first 2 rounds. I used to think Khabib had this fight but in retrospect, his takedowns are one dimensional and slow, plus Conor looks super thin, which makes him all be more mobile and fast. Not weak like some suggest.

Last edited:
I don’t believe that Conor is very durable and if Khabib gets Conor down 1 time it’s over for Conor. Khabib’s grappling is too dominate and Conor just isn’t as knowledgeable on the ground or durable enough to withstand Khabib’s GnP or sub game long.
How can you be so sure it's gonna be all over for Conor that quickly?
Against Mendez and Diaz II he showed that he can take punishment and still make a comeback.

Sure, he failed to come back with Floyd and Diaz 1..but hey, that would make him 2-2 in the comeback department, still okay odds.

It's not likely Khabib is gonna finish Conor in the first, so even if his first TD lasts the entire round, I would still think Conor has a slim chance of a comeback in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Unless Khabib is really fucked up (injury, bad weight cut, whatever), I don't see it happening. I could see an early KO win for Conor, or possibly even a back-and-forth fight. But 3+ rounds of domination by Conor? Nah

I just can't get excited for this fight. Not shitting on either guy but I won't belive its happening till I see both guys in the octogan.

I'm leaning towards the Eagle to win.

Tree fiddy

Seriously though, you’d have to be an idiot or completely biased to think Conor has no chance at touching him up. I lean toward a Khabib smashing, but I won’t be surprised if Conor is too fast to the punch.

Chances are more likely Khabib dominates Conor and makes a mockery out of him.

I don't think either of them have wanted to win a fight more badly. Conor wants this even more than he wanted to KO Floyd and "shock the world". So much is on the line. Conor made it personal by going after Khabib's dad. Can you imagine how much pressure Khabib is under? His family's honour is on the line. He's reminded of it every time he looks at his dad leading up to the fight. His camp are no doubt in Khabib's ear making sure he treats this like any other fight. But it's not. And they all know it. The X factor is Conor has faced this kind of pressure before. Name a fight that Khabib has had where the build up and intensity was anywhere close to Aldo, Nate 2 or Floyd? Conor could have had career ending humiliations in any of those fights. Conor looks like he's already on weight. 1-2 days of cutting max. Khabib will barely squeeze in like he always does with a much longer weight cut. And then after the biggest weigh in of his life he will try to ward off the inevitable adrenaline dump that is coming when the cage door closes and Bruce Buffer is shouting Conor's name.

I just jumped into Khabibs head when that door closes and Brucey is shouting out Conor's name. Khabib trying to look natural on unsteady jelly knees. Trying to talk himself out of the fear that has a strangle hold over his nervous system. Herby says fight, Khabib enters the frame of Conor's range, right jab, stunned look on Khabib's face, vicious left cross.. Khabib wakes up with his dad over him in hospital, oh son we thought we had lost you. You're alive and we love you Khabib. (Sobs) I love you too dad.

I think this fight is going to look like the Mendes fight, I am referring to the pace and Conor dominating the stand up and Khabib the wrestling. I fully expect Conor to get taken down and he'll get up and move forward looking for the KO and doing damage standing and Khabib to to his thing and get him down again. I think Conor has been working on two things....1. TDD and 2. Getting up. I dont think he's really concerned with the grappling with Khabib. I am picturing Mendes/Conor but for longer than two rounds until who ever gets the finish or dec. I think Conor has the best shot to end it early and Khabib in the later rounds.

Everyone is expecting a dominant performance either way. I don't see that, I dont think Conor will KO him early and I dont think Khabib will control and dominate start to finish like Barbosa. Like I said, expect the Mendes fight but longer where it's pretty even and both guys doing well in their element.

No prediction! But I hope that Conor knocks his head off :)
I more or less agree with this.
Khabibs style of wrestling is very different than Chads though. Chad was shorter than Conor and able to change levels very quickly and shoot for the take down. Khabibs gonna need to pressure him against the fence and sweep him.

I don’t think it’s gonna be as easy to take Conor down as ppl think, at least for the first round and a half. I can see Khabib struggling early, and even if he does get the takedown I think Conor will manage to spring back to his feet.
But I don’t think Conor will be able to hurt Khabib the way he hurt Chad or Eddie. Khabib won’t stand in front of him and try to box the way they did. But Conor can catch Khabib when he tries to close the distance, but I don’t think it will be enough to put Khabib out.

If I had to guess I would say Conor lands decent shots in the first two rounds while Khabib attempts to close the distance and pressure him against the cage. Khabib lands a few take downs in the first two rounds but doesn’t do anything significant while he’s there.
But after the second I really think Khabib will start to take over the fight after Conor starts to tire out, and either score a late TKO or submission.

Won’t be an easy fight either way, but I’m hoping Khabib caves Conor’s head in.

Back