Chance that Conor makes a mockery of Khabib and dominates him?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Combat Wombatt, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Combat Wombatt Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Conor vs. Khabib is a classic striker vs. wrestler match. I don’t believe that Conor is very durable and if Khabib gets Conor down 1 time it’s over for Conor. Khabib’s grappling is too dominate and Conor just isn’t as knowledgeable on the ground or durable enough to withstand Khabib’s GnP or sub game long.

On the flip side Khabib has shown some horrendous striking and he likes to strike which isn’t good for someone who isn’t a great striker. I think Khabib could be over-confident in his striking since he’s gotten away with poor striking in the past. Khabib does have to use his striking to set up his takedowns so he should have a decent stand up game but it’s far below Conor’s. I think Khabib’s stand up has looked better than it is because he’s fought guys who were so afraid of his takedeowns that they held back.

Does anyone see Conor using his stand up to frustrate, dominate, and hurt Khabib, eventually allowing Conor to drop and finish Khabib without Khabib getting a TD?

This could look like a Conor vs. Alvarez with no takedowns for Khabib.

2. calisoul Purple Belt

I think Conor will take Khabib down and dominate him on the ground. The only way for Khabib to win is not get taken down and use his superior striking. Conor will dominate him if he can get him down.

3. RMF1 Blue Belt

:D

4. Only Here for Attachments Stipe Justice Warrior

This fight goes either way (much like Conor) violently. Only way it sucks is if someone wins by boring decision or someone (coughKhabibcough) pulls out.

5. LockardTheGOAT Banned Banned

I got Conor knocking him out inside of one round, so...

6. bl0b Green Belt

The Prophet ^

7. KevinThaKilla Banned Banned

Conor McGregor fans are in for a huge disappointment. He will be taken down. He will be pounded on. He will look like a fish out of water. And Khabib fans may be disappointed too. Conor might not be finished so easily. He might tough it out to a decision. Who the fudge knows?

All I know for certain is that Conor Mcgregor is not winning this fight.

8. JKS 77+&--#rT....

I think this fight is going to look like the Mendes fight, I am referring to the pace and Conor dominating the stand up and Khabib the wrestling. I fully expect Conor to get taken down and he'll get up and move forward looking for the KO and doing damage standing and Khabib to to his thing and get him down again. I think Conor has been working on two things....1. TDD and 2. Getting up. I dont think he's really concerned with the grappling with Khabib. I am picturing Mendes/Conor but for longer than two rounds until who ever gets the finish or dec. I think Conor has the best shot to end it early and Khabib in the later rounds.

Everyone is expecting a dominant performance either way. I don't see that, I dont think Conor will KO him early and I dont think Khabib will control and dominate start to finish like Barbosa. Like I said, expect the Mendes fight but longer where it's pretty even and both guys doing well in their element.

No prediction! But I hope that Conor knocks his head off :)

9. bufetadanacara Black Belt

There is a fair chance.

10. HNIC215 Semper Fidelis...

[​IMG]

11. Cantalope Black Belt

Conor by gogo.

12. ArkhamAsylum Red Belt

Dominates? No chance. He has the possibility of knocking him out in round 1 or 2 though.

13. GordoBarraBJJ Steel Belt

50/50

Just the same as a Khabib gets the clinch, makes conor work, gasses him out, takes him down and makes him quit after a beating.

14. Astrobird White Belt

I don't see how Kebab fans can be so confident after what happened to Eddie. They had a rude awakening there. I think the same is likely to happen again. Conor is too accurate and too good on the feet. He will find a way to land and beat Kebab senseless in front of his own dad. Kebab has never fought top talent like Conor before. It could prove to be too much of a disparity and he won't be able to rush in and grab at will like he has done. Diaz made Conor attempt a takedown because he beat the snot out of him with good boxing and Conor fatigued massively, Kebab doesn't have this.

15. wonderbread Stiff Member

I agree.... Conor's ground game is probably best I've seen in the last 2 decades.

16. HomeRun916 Double Yellow Card Banned

17. 3nigma Brown Belt

Khabib has stated he dosen't want to stand with Conor and understands how good Conor's striking is.

For all we know Khabib's big head could come with a granite chin. It has never been really tested.

18. Canada Fa-fa-fa-fa fa-fa-fa-fa-fa far better Banned

His chance equals inf 1/n.

19. RMF1 Blue Belt

I predict that you'll wake up around about the same time that Conor does.

20. DetachedOrchid MAYANS M.C.

I honestly feel it will go that way. However put the odds of that realistically and unbiasedly at 10-20%. While khabib at a 25% of dominating with his pressure and wrestling.