Media Chael "Whittaker vs Israel in Australia will be biggest UFC live gate ever"

Chael is wrong about Adesanya vs Gastelum being the best MW fight in UFC history.

Chael vs. Anderson 1 is the best MW fight in UFC history. The Bad Guy just being humble as usual.

lol the only thing that fight had was drama

Izzy/Kelvin was a far higher quality fight. Whittaker/Yoel either one, Weidman/Lyoto, Jacare.Weidman, Misaki/Santiago, Wand/Cung, Maia/Macdonald etc were all far better too. Just as far as dramatic comebacks Hobbie/Manhoef was insane too

Lol that crowd was 56k in a footy stadium haha.
Any luck they book out the same stadium. Was the crowd reported at 56k though? Ground apparently only holds 53.5k though I'm not sure if the latter number includes corporate boxes et al.

It's sell out Etihad Stadium (56,000) in about two days. It could probably get 70,000 at the MCG if there was another big fight on the undercard.

Chael is right.
Don't think they'll be booking out the MCG in September though. October might work nicely.

It's possible if the fight takes place in Straya. Bobbie isn't a draw though. Probably will ends with around 200k PPV buys.
Bobby isn't a draw cos he doesn't talk much shit/isn't flamboyant. Israel on the other hand does talk shit and is borderline flaming. Be interesting to see how he does PPV wise.

I dont know about that Chael.

sure put it at the stadium that ronda vs holly was at and it sells out ot a shit ton of tickets that be more than what ever the gate was for gsp vs sheilds.

Chael is wrong about Adesanya vs Gastelum being the best MW fight in UFC history.

Chael vs. Anderson 1 is the best MW fight in UFC history. The Bad Guy just being humble as usual.

biggest gate doesnt mean best ever.also anderson vs chael 1 loses a lot knowing chael was on peds.

Any luck they book out the same stadium. Was the crowd reported at 56k though? Ground apparently only holds 53.5k though I'm not sure if the latter number includes corporate boxes et al.

There were floor seats as well as the usual stadium seats. I was sat about 3 miles away from octagon which was a shame.

nope

two dudes who are unmarketable from their personalities
Well Rousey vs Holm in Australia set the attendance record so its not unthinkable that a MW Championship fight between an Aussie and a Kiwi in that same stadium wouldn't potentially beat it simply because of national pride.

this was the stadium for the ronda holm fight.

ufc193-1.jpg

and this is it usually, so they altared it and got heaps more ground seating which would have differed from the actual seating numbers in the stands imo, so that could be how they inflated those figures.

stadium-new.ashx

Pretty sure Whittaker vs gas sold out in less than 20minutes....

56k isn't the biggest live gate ever
When has UFC ever beaten that? That beat 129 (I believe) at the SkyDome and they haven't done another building that size since so what is?

Unless you are talking about money and not attendance in which case you're correct and I apologise.

It's fuckin insane that this dude has an audience.

tenor.gif

Packing out a big venue in these guys neck of the woods is a good possibility. They could have a huge gate.

These 2 killing with ppv numbers is a different story. Definitely a fight I'd love to see though.

Watch Whittaker pull out for a 3rd time in Australia. He hates fighting at home apparently.

Well, I believe the Ronda-Holly fight in Australia holds the current record so it isn't far fetched to think that two fighters from that region could sell more.

That’s the largest attendance, but not live gate. I believe the largest live gate for a UFC event is 205, with $17.7 million.

chael is always trying to build the fights and the fighters and put them over on his podcast
i don't know how anybody can't notice that

Back