Media Chael "Whittaker vs Israel in Australia will be biggest UFC live gate ever"

That fight could sell out a stadium easily in nz or aus

Stick it at the MCG in late oct early nov, stick conor on the card v poirier as well...100 thousand in the stands only, plus the floor.
Market the fuck out of it
But youve got to start now, promote it for 5 months
Stick another couple good fights of known names on it
Stick a female title match on there
Would be massive, gotta have a decent amout of tickets at a reasonable price tho to get that sell out

"Whittaker vs Israel in Australia will be biggest UFC live gate ever" - Only if UFC signs Mark Hunt to fight Conor at OW

What's the point in going to a fight where the stadium is so big that the fighters look like ants to 80% of the people. That being said it'll be a sell out, plus there will be 5 unofficial UFC fights in or around the stadium, maybe worth it.

Have to womder if the Australian fans are ticket gun shy after Whitaker screwed them over last year.

It's sell out Etihad Stadium (56,000) in about two days. It could probably get 70,000 at the MCG if there was another big fight on the undercard.

Chael is right.
I believe they'd go to Sydney at ANZ Stadium (75k people). Rob said he wants Sydney and Dana said it too if I am not mistaken. Izzy said he would prefer Zeland but most likely it's going to be on Australian soil because they have all big stadiums there.

I also believe they can fill MCG with the 100k. Rob and Izzy are fucking huge for that market. They're something like Joshua in the UK.

I believe they'd go to Sydney at ANZ Stadium (75k people). Rob said he wants Sydney and Dana said it too if I am not mistaken. Izzy said he would prefer Zeland but most likely it's going to be on Australian soil because they have all big stadiums there.

I also believe they can fill MCG with the 100k. Rob and Izzy are fucking huge for that market. They're something like Joshua in the UK.

ANZ stadium is shiiiiiiiiiiiittt.

MCG. Done.

this was the stadium for the ronda holm fight.

ufc193-1.jpg

and this is it usually, so they altared it and got heaps more ground seating which would have differed from the actual seating numbers in the stands imo, so that could be how they inflated those figures.

stadium-new.ashx

are the floor seats those plastic $2 jobbies from bunnings?

It's possible if the fight takes place in Straya. Bobbie isn't a draw though. Probably will ends with around 200k PPV buys.
Whittaker isn't a draw?? Dude, he sold out the Lod Laver arena faster than musicians such as Madonna and other rock stars plus his prices were higher. Ozzies, Mozzies and kiwis love him

It’s very obvious some ppl don’t understand the difference between the “gate” - The amount of money made from the tickets to the live event. And “attendance” - The number of ppl in the audience.

In other words... The biggest attendance does not necessarily mean the highest gate. The tickets for 205 were super expensive compared to 193. It had a much smaller audience but made more money at the gate.

I don't think people not from aus or nz understand:

1)the sporting rivalry between aus and nz
2)how sports crazy people in aus and nz are
3)how quick live events sell out here

this was the stadium for the ronda holm fight.

ufc193-1.jpg

and this is it usually, so they altared it and got heaps more ground seating which would have differed from the actual seating numbers in the stands imo, so that could be how they inflated those figures.

stadium-new.ashx

The bottom pic is not the stadium

56k isn't the biggest live gate ever
56k is the biggest attendace in UFC history. I never said it was the biggest live gate. I just said that they will sell out the stadion quickly, and they can possibly have a higher ticket price than Holm vs Rousey which can result in a big live gate (possibly top 5)

Could get around 70k attendance if prices are reasonable but gate won’t beat i think it’s 205. If they pump up the prices the local casuals won’t go.

Any luck they book out the same stadium. Was the crowd reported at 56k though? Ground apparently only holds 53.5k though I'm not sure if the latter number includes corporate boxes et al.
54,444 is record for AFL which has a massive oval field. I went to 193 top ends of the long sides of oval were empty. Could fit 8000 on each side.

Back