Chael was the rightful MW champ (of WEC)

Yes, they were stripped and the fight went on. Filho was not stripped and the fight went on. You can't defend a belt if you don't make the weight and you can't win a title that's not being defended.

Like I've said, that is not my opinion, those are facts.
That is a subtlety (I called it a "loophole" earlier) that you didn't make clear 80 or 90 posts ago.

With that understanding, I bet most of those who disagreed with you before would agree with you now.

Cheers.

Nah, quite a few people liked my OP.

And it's the exact same, especially when the champion is not stripped of the title. There's no title to defend, therefore it's a non title fight.

I never said I agreed or disagreed with that, but those are facts. I'm sorry you can't accept that.

Lol. "Exact same." I'm done. You don't know the difference between opinion and fact, and you don't know what the word exact means.

Lutter missed weight.

The fook you on about son Lutter missed weight that is why the title got taken off the table. Lutter chose to take the fight anyway.

Lutter wasn't eligible to win the title. Hence Silva wasn't defending anything. That's why it wasn't a title fight

I didn't have to make it clear, it's common knowledge he wasn't stripped.
If you don't feel like communicating effectively, by all means, continue to be insistent and opaque. I'm sure it's more fun that way ;)

I know, when someone misses weight, it's a non title bout, even when it's the champion and they are not stripped, like Filho.
I think if the champ misses weight the title should still be up for grabs or the person fighting for it can refuse to take the fight.

Lol. "Exact same." I'm done. You don't know the difference between opinion and fact, and you don't know what the word exact means.
You don't have to keep replying.

And I don't know the difference? Lol you're the one saying what you think should happen. I'm the one telling you what actually happens.

Since you're done, go read a book or something.

Lutter wasn't eligible to win the title. Hence Silva wasn't defending anything. That's why it wasn't a title fight

That fact that Silva wasn't defending anything is pretty much a moot point after Lutter missed weight.

No they're not, Gaethje wouldn't even put the interim title around his waist because it's not a real title.

They are treated the same regardless of what Gaethje believes. Though of course you're wrong there as well.

Gaethje-belt.jpg

If you don't feel like communicating effectively, by all means, continue to be insistent and opaque. I'm sure it's more fun that way ;)
Lol it's fairly common knowledge that Filho kept the title, didn't know i had to explain that to you.

That fact that Silva wasn't defending anything is pretty much a moot point after Lutter missed weight.

He wasn't defending anything BECAUSE Lutter missed weight. If Lutter couldn't take the title from Silva due to missing weight then it's not a title defense because Silva wasn't at risk of losing anything.

The story was that Filho was suppose to hand over the belt to Chael in the locker room. This didn't happen but Filhos team did say they were going to send the belt to Sonnen. This was the last title fight under the MW division in WEC before UFC took em over. Don't know if Filho ever sent the belt.
He did

Chael showed the belt in one of the vids leading up to the second Anderson fight

Reactions: JKS
They are treated the same regardless of what Gaethje believes. Though of course you're wrong there as well.

Gaethje-belt.jpg

They are not treated the same because they are not undisputed titles. Gaethje says flat out, I'm not the champion.

Hey dude maybe you should keep up i already posted that Sonnen has the belt. Fihlo did not keep it.
Kept the title as he wasn't stripped by the WEC, didn't know i had to explain that to you.

He wasn't defending anything BECAUSE Lutter missed weight. If Lutter couldn't take the title from Silva due to missing weight then it's not a title defense because Silva wasn't at risk of losing anything.
Maybe i interjected myself into some other argument your having but who is saying he was defending? Why are you so stuck on that? Its common knowledge it wasn't a title fight after Trav missed weight.

Pretty simple, after missing weight it doesn't qualify as a title fight. Cool story though, Filho mailed Chael a belt.

I think if the champ misses weight the title should still be up for grabs or the person fighting for it can refuse to take the fight.
And that's exactly that, your opinion. Regarding Filho/Sonnen, that wasn't the case.

Kept the title as he wasn't stripped by the WEC, didn't know i had to explain that to you.

lol at this back tracking now. You're so riled up ITT you are pwning yourself. ahahahaha

Maybe i interjected myself into some other argument your having but who is saying he was defending? Why are you so stuck on that? Its common knowledge it wasn't a title fight after Trav missed weight.

The guy asked me why Silva/Lutter wasn't a title defense and I explained to him. I have no clue why you interjected but that's on you.

Back