Chael was the rightful MW champ (of WEC)

tbh a 'normal' Filho would have schooled poor Sonnen, tho...
Filho might have been the most underrated guy to come out of Pride. Never gets talked about enough in the Pride discussions......dude was a beast, shame the drug problems halted his career.

lol at this back tracking now. You're so riled up ITT you are pwning yourself. ahahahaha
How is that backtracking? He kept the belt, it wasn't on the line in their 2nd fight.

They are not treated the same because they are not undisputed titles. Gaethje says flat out, I'm not the champion.

He's not the LW champion, Khabib is. He's the interim champion.

Titles and interim titles are treated exactly the same in terms of who can who can fight for them after one of the fighters misses weight. Nothing you have posted shows otherwise. You've been given 6 different examples already. I don't know why you like being wrong so much.

He's not the LW champion, Khabib is. He's the interim champion.

Titles and interim titles are treated exactly the same in terms of who can who can fight for them after one of the fighters misses weight. Nothing you have posted shows otherwise. You've been given 6 different examples already. I don't know why you like being wrong so much.
Exactly, so they're not the same and are not treated the same. Nobody views Gaethje as the champion, not even himself. They view him as the next challenger for the title.

And again, if someone misses weight in a undisputed title fight, it's a non title fight. Even when the champion misses weight and isn't stripped.

If someone misses weight in an interim title fight, someone can still win the "belt" because it's a glorified #1 contenders fight, they're basically guaranteed to fight for the undisputed title next. It's not a legit title because they give them out like candy to promote later title fights as "champion vs champion"

and Sonnen agreed to the fight and is the current owner of the belt what is the problem?
I don't have a problem with that, never said I did. But in real life, Filho never lost the belt and gave Sonnen the belt by his own free will.

I don't have a problem with that, never said I did. But in real life, Filho never lost the belt and gave Sonnen the belt by his own free will.

He beat the current champ on the night.

Paulo Fihlo himself can accept it but you can't. Truly mind-blowing. lols
It's not about what you, I, Filho, Sonnen, or anyone else thought should've happened.

What actually happened is Filho missed weight, was not stripped, and lost a non title bout to Sonnen. In the history of the WEC, Sonnen will never be considered a champion.

You and some other people in this thread need to accept that, not me

Exactly, so they're not the same and are not treated the same. Nobody views Gaethje as the champion, not even himself. They view him as the next challenger for the title.

And again, if someone misses weight in a undisputed title fight, it's a non title fight. Even when the champion misses weight and isn't stripped.

If someone misses weight in an interim title fight, someone can still win the "belt" because it's a glorified #1 contenders fight, they're basically guaranteed to fight for the undisputed title next. It's not a legit title because they give them out like candy to promote later title fights as "champion vs champion"

Holloway v. Pettis
Whittaker v. Romero
Benavidez v. Figueiredo
Frey v. Cummins
Halsey v. Grove

Your opinion on interims isn't relevant here. They are treated exactly the same as other titles when it comes to a fighter missing weight. The fighter who misses weight isn't eligible for the title. The other fighter who makes weight can still win the title. That's how it works.

Holloway v. Pettis
Whittaker v. Romero
Benavidez v. Figueiredo
Frey v. Cummins
Halsey v. Grove

Your opinion on interims isn't relevant here. They are treated exactly the same as other titles when it comes to a fighter missing weight. The fighter who misses weight isn't eligible for the title. The other fighter who makes weight can still win the title. That's how it works.
Lol no they aren't because if the challenger misses weight in a title fight, it's a non title bout. If the champion misses weight and isn't stripped, it's a non title bout.

That is not the same as someone missing weight for an interim title or a vacant title no matter how many times you tell yourself it is

Lol no they aren't because if the challenger misses weight in a title fight, it's a non title bout. If the champion misses weight and isn't stripped, it's a non title bout.

That is not the same as someone missing weight for an interim title or a vacant title no matter how many times you tell yourself it is

This has already been explained to you. If the challenger misses weight they can't win the title, so it's a non-title fight. I.E. Silva v. Lutter.

If the champion misses weight the Challenger is still eligible to win the title. I.E. Frey v. Cummins and Halsey v. Grove.

If there are two challengers for a vacant belt, only the one who made weight is eligible. I.E. Holloway v. Pettis, Whittaker v. Romero, Benavidez v. Figueiredo.

Back