Chael Sonnen weighing 232 says he wasn't told fight to be at 185

Maybe "questionable ethics" would be more apt. I mean yeah its not like blatantly illegal or fixed kind of corruption. That is obvious serious stuff. And I don't question the integrity of the fights. Just more how they get arranged, including matchups and title shots.

When I first was a fan of Dana I felt like "here is a guy like us who just happens to be the president of the UFC". Now I feel like I'm listening to a used-car salesmen. And I'm not naive as to how just about all businesses run to some degree, at least in some areas. But things are starting to leave me with a bad taste in my mouth

But maybe you are right. It could just be they expanded so fast that they have a lot of people maybe hastily put into more important positions who aren't qualified and most of this is just incompetence. Whatever it is, if like to see it improve drastically

I agree with these comments.

well i was following Chael vs Wandy and always thought they gonna fight at 205.
so wtf is Dana just saying 185?
they ain't no Weidman that can cut that much of weight in 11 days notice lol.

i remember reading Weidman cut like 32 pounds in 11 days notice to fight Maia.

The difference is that Chael has been at 205 for a while now, he's likely bulked up. Weidman may not have been in fight shape, but he probably didn't put on extra muscle before he fought Maia. He's also younger.

Uh, it was first announced & reported by all the MMA media at 205. Dana just specifically said VITOR gets a title shot with a win. I know it's hard to keep up with the pathetic, shameless clusterfuck but try to before criticizing. You also spelled 'dumb' wrong.

Thx for correcting my typo. I'm trying to keep up, but shits a mess, I hope you understand because your opinion means a lot to me. Can I send you my posts before I put them on Sherdog for proofreading. Please say yes.

Surprised he hasn't lost a ton of weight without the medicine he said he needed to live.

The difference is that Chael has been at 205 for a while now, he's likely bulked up. Weidman may not have been in fight shape, but he probably didn't put on extra muscle before he fought Maia. He's also younger.

So it's the end of May and Chael at 232 and fight is July 5th? that mean a month and a week to cut almost 50 pounds is a bad idea at his age, 37?

he was 240 during the TUF 17 season with JOnes. but he has the whole season to cut to 205 against Jones.

Fuck it give all 3 enough testosterone worthy of Don Frye's moustache then throw all three in the cage and the winner gets a title shot at whatever weight class he wants.

I think there is a miscommunication in play. I listened to the interview where Dana said the fight was at 185, but he was not 100 percent certain about it. He said that it only made sense to be a number one contender fight for MW if it was at 185, but he acted like he wasn't sure.

Chael on the other hand had been planning to fight Wanderlei at 205, and he says he has a contract to fight at that weight. I believe him because it was common knowledge that this fight was scheduled and it wasn't one that was meant to put either guy in line for anything. Just to settle a beef. So it makes sense that neither guy was planning to fight at MW.

I think that they will ultimately either do this at 205. I'm sure everyone will complain when the winner is put in to fight the MW champ, but I can't see them forcing Chael to cut that much weight in such a short time.

Nobody in the gym can read English or apparently even have a casual conversation in English.

Wandy didn't have time to call anybody and instead just runs out the building exit and is nowhere to be found for days.

The only hoop left to complete this 3-ring circus.... Belfort doesn't get a license. Instead we see Sonnen vs Overeem at Heavyweight in a #1 contender fight.

For a shot at the MW title...

Watching Chael and Wand in TUF,neither one of them seem to be training that hard.Chael had his shirt of and looked fat as hell.Wand even with his shirt you could tell he wasn't ripped either.

Nobody in the gym can read English or apparently even have a casual conversation in English.

Wandy didn't have time to call anybody and instead just runs out the building exit and is nowhere to be found for days.

The only hoop left to complete this 3-ring circus.... Belfort doesn't get a license. Instead we see Sonnen vs Overeem at Heavyweight in a #1 contender fight.

Yah ok.....overeem vs sonnen for a title shot, but the question is....

At what weight??? At this point, could be anything lol

Overeem vs Chael for a shot against Aldo, you heard it here first ppl

So it's the end of May and Chael at 232 and fight is July 5th? that mean a month and a week to cut almost 50 pounds is a bad idea at his age, 37?

he was 240 during the TUF 17 season with JOnes. but he has the whole season to cut to 205 against Jones.

Wait, don't all the Anderson Silva haters say Anderson cuts from 235 to make 185? If Anderson can do it from 235, why can't Chael do it from 232? :icon_chee

for the MW title.

And then after the fight, the winner fails the drug test.
So they give the loser the title fight anyway.
Then find out a week later, he failed the drug test, too.

Lol'd.

This whole situation is ridiculous.

Yah ok.....overeem vs sonnen for a title shot, but the question is....

At what weight??? At this point, could be anything lol

if rashad vs chael n jones vs chael were jokes, imagine overeem vs chael?

that fight would be shorter than overeem vs duffy. as soon as they would clinch, chael would drop n cover up.

Seems pretty unfair to change the weight class to a lower one a month out. Both of these fighters have never failed to make 185 so I don't really care if the fight takes place at 205. They both made 185 several times so we know they are MWs.

Back