Chael Sonnen weighing 232 says he wasn't told fight to be at 185

I don't know why the company would want to have this fight at MW?? If Chael wins, there's no way he deserves a title shot, in any weight class for that matter, coming off losses, then you get a shot for just 1 victory???

Vitor is really the one who has something to lose, but this is crazy to think he originally was in the main event, dropped due to the TRT issue, and is now back on the same card....this could only happen in the UFC....

I say then, just have both fight at LHW, with no title implications at all, just to make for a good fight that both will have no problem making weight for.

Chael is
baby-duck.jpg
ing Belfort.

Same guy that was destroyed by Rashad only for Shertards to say he was much smaller than Rashad?

Maybe he needs to pick up a phone and call the UFC, or the commission, or his lawyer, or his coach. That is what everyone was saying about Wand so it must also be true for Sonnen.

You cant blame Chael on this one. The original fight for that card with Wandy was scheduled for 205. It stands to reason that was what he was preparing for. Also this shady on the fly roidamania fight was announced as LHW bout versus Belfort.

According to Guilherme Cruz on his twitter (@guicruzzz) Chael said that Dana has yet to tell him the fight is at 185 instead of 205 and he is currently weighing 232 pounds.

What do you think

Is he trolling Belfort?

Setting up an excuse?

Id throw up a link but through phone

Same interview Chael says he signed a bout agreement at 205, never signed one for 185. Also, I think he said 236 or 237 (the subtitles were wrong).

I was thinking to myself just the other day that Sonnen should instead fight a HW eliminator. Maybe it still comes true. Forget eliminator. Cain vs Sonnen.

He's getting his excuses in order for when he folds under pressure and taps to strikes, once again.

Looks like to me that maybe Chael couldn't cut weight so they used the Wanderlei story as a smoke screen for that? Who really knows with this crazy stuff?

This whole fight is a freaking freak show/circus

Former TRT is fighting a former TRT abuser because TRT abusers original opponent ran away from a drug test (WTF ?)

They then announce two guys fighting at 205 for a title shot at 185lb (WTF ?).

Now there saying that its at 185lb and one of the 205ers has no idea whats going on (WTF ?).

This, right here.

Instead we see Sonnen vs Overeem at Heavyweight in a #1 contender fight.

It would be awesome.

Chael is
baby-duck.jpg
ing Belfort.

which is funny because Chael has called out vitor multiple times and never ducked anyone in his life. this is the guy that wanted to fight jones on like a couple weeks notice. this is the guy that accepted the fight against his friend and coworker rashad evans. to say he is ducking is ludicrous

He was the same weight not too long before his second bout with Anderson Silva . . .

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): You saw Chael yesterday, I believe. You posted the picture after your review session and Chael came on ESPN and said he had to drop 20 pounds in 24 hours. He was 205 pounds. Do you think that's true? You were there next to him yesterday so you would know.

Vinny Magalhaes: He didn't look much smaller than the last time I saw him. When I trained with him last time, he was close to 230. Even though I was heavier than him, I was like, "Dude weight 230 when you're in great shape." When I'm in great shape, I'm like 235 or 230 and I'm a light heavyweight. He was the same as me and he's 185. I would definitely say the other day that was around 200 or 205. he was still really big. Chael's really good. People say Anderson's huge because he's taller than him but Chael is huge. I've never seen a 185-er weigh that much in shape. 230 is just insane.
SOURCE

Nobody in the gym can read English or apparently even have a casual conversation in English.

Wandy didn't have time to call anybody and instead just runs out the building exit and is nowhere to be found for days.

The only hoop left to complete this 3-ring circus.... Belfort doesn't get a license. Instead we see Sonnen vs Overeem at Heavyweight in a #1 contender fight.

for the MW title.

And then after the fight, the winner fails the drug test.
So they give the loser the title fight anyway.
Then find out a week later, he failed the drug test, too.

Looks like to me that maybe Chael couldn't cut weight so they used the Wanderlei story as a smoke screen for that? Who really knows with this crazy stuff?

??? He was scheduled to fight Wand at 205, and has a contract to fight at that weight. He can't cut to 185 because he's spent the last 2 years fighting at 205, and had no idea until yesterday that that might change.

Former TRT is fighting a former TRT abuser because TRT abusers original opponent ran away from a drug test (WTF ?)

Now there saying that its at 185lb and one of the 205ers has no idea whats going on (WTF ?).

It's a former TRT user now fighting a steroid abuser because the TRT user's original opponent realized it wasn't 10 years ago when he was getting his fights determined for him.

giphy.gif

well i was following Chael vs Wandy and always thought they gonna fight at 205.
so wtf is Dana just saying 185?
they ain't no Weidman that can cut that much of weight in 11 days notice lol.

i remember reading Weidman cut like 32 pounds in 11 days notice to fight Maia.

If Chael can do this he joins the weight cutting pantheon with legends like Anthony Johnson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back