Chael Sonnen, the ballsiest fighter of all time?

Minowa won that fight too, lol.

Damn right, and he beat a lot of enormous guys. He'd take on literally anyone in any weight class, and he'd do it on a moments notice. If we're talking pure balls here, Minowa is undisputed champ.

All valid points, I would definitely agree now that you say it that Hendo is the ballsiest. I mentioned him as a natural mw because he westled at 184 lbs in college. It's kinda like the guys who say Fedor is a natural lhw or mw but has never even fought at those classes or some who refer to Saku as lightweight. People exaggerate to make their argument case stronger, I was guilty of this also.

lol its sherdog were all guilty of it a little bit, but you make some good points I didn't know DC wrestled at that weight in college to be honest

you talking about a guy who just run away from chael to be more ballsier than chael

great logic brasil

Wand definitely has bigger balls the chael, not even comparable man, not even close
unless your a noob to the sport you wouldn't even question that and it shouldn't even need to be explained

Minowa was a 185'er at best... he weighed in chubby at 195

He fought

Semmy Schilt
Quinton Jackson
Stefan Leko
Gilbert Yvel
Kimo Leopoldo
Giant Silva
Mirko Filipovic
Kim Min-Soo(254)
Eric Esch (Butterbean)
Don Frye
Bob Sapp
Errol Zimmerman
Jimmy Ambriz
Satoshi Ishii

I could just go on an on about all the enormous guys he's fought, and he's beat a majority of them lol

Look how he trained for these enormous guys! LOL

3218.jpg

Just no TS... just no.
Really stupid thing to say too.

Bravest fighters i've seen in my life: Sakuraba, Wand, Lawler, Nog, Fedor, Shogun, Diaz, Hendo ect ect ect.

They don't look for a way out once they get dropped.

he has balls, but he is also getting big pay days I imagine for these fights, and a lot more reward to risk...how much were guys like fedor and sakuraba getting in the beginning? they were fighting big guys but most of which weren't all that skilled. more of a circus show

Like Jon Jones? The undisputed LHW champ?
Chael will take any fight, any time, and against anyone. There's a very short list of fighters that follow that and actually stand by it.

There are no fighters in Chael's position so it's possible to say. There are a lot of factors involved, his age, the reputation he's built with his mouth, his brains, a great fighter with balls etc etc. Don't get me wrong, Chael the act annoys me but the man and the fighter impresses the hell out of me.

Very few fighters can even attempt to do what Chael has done just because they aren't Chael and in his position. Once again though, I will say regardless of his position, mouth, whatever, he's a great fighter and deserves respect for his fighting ability and balls. I'm feeling weird talking about his balls so much so heart will do from here. People who would knock his heart are keyboard warrior nobheads.

I actually really like Chael, when he's not being ridiculous.

It's pretty easy to see what he's doing when he's being silly and trying to hype fights, but the guy genuinely brings it every fight and isn't afraid to test himself against the best.

Minowa was a 185'er at best... he weighed in chubby at 195

He fought

Semmy Schilt
Quinton Jackson
Stefan Leko
Gilbert Yvel
Kimo Leopoldo
Giant Silva
Mirko Filipovic
Kim Min-Soo(254)
Eric Esch (Butterbean)
Don Frye
Bob Sapp
Errol Zimmerman
Jimmy Ambriz
Satoshi Ishii

I could just go on an on about all the enormous guys he's fought, and he's beat a majority of them lol

Look how he trained for these enormous guys! LOL

3218.jpg

This! Great answer!

IMO, he's right up there with BJ Penn, Sakuraba, and Fedor (fought giants his entire career)
He gets a lot of shit on here, but there's very few guys out there that are willing to put their record on the line against the very best time after time. Gotta admire how his persona is very much real.

His record isn't that great or prestigious so he's not losing much by putting it in on the line. He's been fighting for a long time so as his career has winded down he's taken advantage of some wonderful opportunities

He should be credited for that, but there's no special courage about this, he's in the win/win

His record isn't that great or prestigious so he's not losing much by putting it in on the line. He's been fighting for a long time so as his career has winded down he's taken advantage of some wonderful opportunities

He should be credited for that, but there's no special courage about this, he's in the win/win

That's what I was trying to say. He deserves respect but he's clever and has the opportunity and platform to talk his way into fights that other people don' have. And many of the other legendary fighters in the sport given the opportunity would do the same. In terms of a show of heart.

Win / win like Jon Jones was lose / lose. I respect both but support neither.

And 'great' is difficult to quantify. If he's not great he's very good. Almost reached the top of his division. That's not small fry.

Originally Posted by CRuck1980 View Post

That's what I was trying to say. He deserves respect but he's clever and has the opportunity and platform to talk his way into fights that other people don' have. And many of the other legendary fighters in the sport given the opportunity would do the same. In terms of a show of heart.

Win / win like Jon Jones was lose / lose. I respect both but support neither.

And 'great' is difficult to quantify. If he's not great he's very good. Almost reached the top of his division. That's not small fry.

i agree with you two.

People are always bashing his record, but there are few fighters who constantly call out better fighters and he always steps in the cage. How many easy fights has he signed up for in the last 5 years?

The answer is BJ Penn. Period. Saying anyone else, even Fedor, is really disrespectful. BJ fought Machida when Machida was a heavyweight, and had the balls to wear a shirt to the ring that said "Watch this." Meaning he expected to kick Machida's ass.

EDIT: And I'm a Brown Belt!

Royce!? LOL! What a joke.

Why isn't Hendo being mentioned!? Jesus Christ.

Back