Chael Sonnen, the ballsiest fighter of all time?

Getting paid a ton to tap and turtle up is ballzy?

He's just an advanced Bob Sapp.

Then again, I can't say much about Wanderlei now :x

Ballsiest? Haha. He gives up 10 seconds into the fight if he meets ANY opposition at all.

I'd say he's all talk and no walk. (He does fight, but he does fold. He has no heart.)

he does have a big pair, but i have to agree with saku having the biggest pair of anyone.

Biggest Opportunist yes.

Chael's recent opponents:
Rashad Evans, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Shogun

Each one of those guys are champions, top ranked and have been dominant.

Sakuraba never fought champions, other than Wanderlei. Still think Sakuraba has more heart though.

I meant that it's just silly to compare the two when considering who is the "ballsiest."

Sakuraba stepped in the ring against Arona, Wanderlei, Rampage, Ken Shamrock, Cro Cop, Igor Vovchanchyn, Manhoef (while Sakuraba himself was ridiculously far removed from his prime), Randleman, Lil Nog, etc.

Sakuraba has a lot of losses in that list, don't get me wrong. But he was moving up in weight and some of the losses were fairly competitive until the endpoint.

Chael was not competitive against Jones or Rashad. He didn't earn the title shot against Jones. He lost to Anderson Silva at Middleweight and was then offered a LHW title shot. Who wouldn't take it?

People saying chael isn't ballsy? I would like to see someone who isn't ballsy get in a cage fight with vitor

Why? What's wrong with what I wrote? Are you a DC hater?

your post was opinionated and you can see your love for dc nothing wrong with that, but not at all the balliest lol you just kinda came off like a huge nut hugger to say it nicely

your post was opinionated and you can see your love for dc nothing wrong with that, but not at all the balliest lol you just kinda came off like a huge nut hugger to say it nicely

Well isn't what this thread asked for, our opinions? I am a huge DC fan but I'm actually a Hendo nuthugger but I just call it like I see it, in today's mma with fighters being extremely advanced in skills and training size difference matters mug more than it had in the past, that is why I found DC so impressive. Granted he dropped to lhw but I feel he would've been hw champion if he stayed their.

No. Respect to Sonnen, he's a fighter like many many others and has balls. Ballsiest ever is just daft. Respect to all fighters but if I have to pick one I'll say Sakuraba as well. Seriously though, most fighters would do what Sonnen has done. Total due respect to him as fighter though.

Well isn't what this thread asked for, our opinions? I am a huge DC fan but I'm actually a Hendo nuthugger but I just call it like I see it, in today's mma with fighters being extremely advanced in skills and training size difference matters mug more than it had in the past, that is why I found DC so impressive. Granted he dropped to lhw but I feel he would've been hw champion if he stayed their.

he has a rough cut to lhw saying hes a natural mw who fights giants was going a little far, theres lots of HWs who could cut a bunch of weight and drop down in size, plus hes not exactly the ballsiest guy out there in terms of mma fighting, hendo on the other hand would be higher on that list imo

put HIS RECORD on the line...have you seen HIS RECORD?

He uses his mouth to get into money fights. He has no more balls than anyone else who steps into the octogon.

gtfo

The biggest balls of all time were on Ikuhisa Minowa.... we all know this...

20091005020931_2009100502252.JPG

Lol, he has to back it up IMO.. he has no heart.

Fedor, Wand, Saku, Royce.

you talking about a guy who just run away from chael to be more ballsier than chael

great logic brasil

he has a rough cut to lhw saying hes a natural mw who fights giants was going a little far, theres lots of HWs who could cut a bunch of weight and drop down in size, plus hes not exactly the ballsiest guy out there in terms of mma fighting, hendo on the other hand would be higher on that list imo

All valid points, I would definitely agree now that you say it that Hendo is the ballsiest. I mentioned him as a natural mw because he westled at 184 lbs in college. It's kinda like the guys who say Fedor is a natural lhw or mw but has never even fought at those classes or some who refer to Saku as lightweight. People exaggerate to make their argument case stronger, I was guilty of this also.

No. Respect to Sonnen, he's a fighter like many many others and has balls. Ballsiest ever is just daft. Respect to all fighters but if I have to pick one I'll say Sakuraba as well. Seriously though, most fighters would do what Sonnen has done. Total due respect to him as fighter though.

Like Jon Jones? The undisputed LHW champ?
Chael will take any fight, any time, and against anyone. There's a very short list of fighters that follow that and actually stand by it.

More like the luckiest fighter of all time.

Gifted opportunity after gifted opportunity. Thanks to a management that will seemingly destroy the legitimacy of the sport for loudmouths that know how to operate twitter.

Back