Chael Sonnen, the ballsiest fighter of all time?

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
IMO, he's right up there with BJ Penn, Sakuraba, and Fedor (fought giants his entire career)
He gets a lot of shit on here, but there's very few guys out there that are willing to put their record on the line against the very best time after time. Gotta admire how his persona is very much real.

I put Saku over Chael. Saku was fighting heavyweights not giving a fuck and it cost him in the end. It's like Chael moving up to fight Cain or JDS.

Fedor is the ballsiest. Not even close imo.

Fighting all those big men, which you could easily make 205 and maybe even 185?

BALLS ON TOP OF BALLS ON TOP OF

Fedor is the ballsiest. Not even close imo.

Fighting all those big men, which you could easily make 205 and maybe even 185?

BALLS ON TOP OF BALLS ON TOP OF

Sakuraba over Fedor any day.

Chael's doing this for the company. He doesn't care about losses anymore. Props to him though for the willingness to seize the moment or get beat up

Sakuraba over Fedor any day.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Sakuraba is probably the biggest cojones of all time.
The monsters he fought and at a much higher weight class. I don't even think the UFC would sanction any of those fights lol

Chael? You're comparing Chael to Sakuraba?

Lmao

Lol, he has to back it up IMO.. he has no heart.

Fedor, Wand, Saku, Royce.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Sakuraba is probably the biggest cojones of all time.
The monsters he fought and at a much higher weight class. I don't even think the UFC would sanction any of those fights lol

Ya feels like Saku got into those fights as a form of punishment. Arona vs Sakuraba says it all.

It's not like he ever really takes a beating. He's usually tapping or turtling well before any real damage is done.

So no he's not the ballsiest. He's certainly one of the most intelligent however, making that money.

Sonnen gets way too much credit. He likes money, he knows how to put himself in position to make lots of money. In an actual fight, he folds when he takes damage or gets put in a bad position, then cashes his huge check.

Yep, he'll step into the octagon and quit against just about anyone.

Chael? You're comparing Chael to Sakuraba?

Lmao

Chael's recent opponents:
Rashad Evans, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Shogun

Each one of those guys are champions, top ranked and have been dominant.

Sakuraba never fought champions, other than Wanderlei. Still think Sakuraba has more heart though.

his record is not all that great so he isnt putting much on the line. Chael has nothing to lose and is given gift shots, it doesnt take balls to fight guys you have no business fighting when you have nothing to lose.

It's not like he ever really takes a beating. He's usually tapping or turtling well before any real damage is done.

So no he's not the ballsiest. He's certainly one of the most intelligent however, making that money.

This. Chael doesn't care if he loses which is why he accepts these super high paying fights.

If by ballsy you mean signing up for the payday, and then pulling a Bob Sapp. Then yeah he's the ballsiest.

Chael's recent opponents:
Rashad Evans, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Shogun

Each one of those guys are champions, top ranked and have been dominant.

Sakuraba never fought champions, other than Wanderlei. Still think Sakuraba has more heart though.

what is he risking by taking those fights?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back