Chael Sonnen is arguably the WORST matchup for Vitor for anyone under 205.

I think Chael has a lot better chance than people are giving him. We're talking about the guy who was getting laid on by Rumble Johnson and likely would've kept getting laid on if the ref wasn't stand up happy.

It is an interesting fight, Vitor has known to break against wrestlers.. Randy, Tito, Hendo ( first fight)

Thing is Sonnen quits when the going gets tough..

Let's describe Chael Sonnen:

Practically Unlimited Cardio
Big
Strong
Tough
Solid Chin
Grinder
Active with strikes
Lifelong American Wrestler with international experience at Greco Roman

-Folds like a chair under pressure
-Poor striking
-No heart

Vitor will turn Chael into Swiss cheese if he lands.

I will pick any wrestler, under the age of 40, to beat Vitor Belfort.

Chael may get a takedown but when Vitor lands which he will do Chael will fold and start screaming.

Vitor finishes him very early, I can see why so many people are annoyed with Wand, they know that Chael has no chance in this fight.

Chael may get a takedown but when Vitor lands which he will do Chael will fold and start screaming.

Vitor finishes him very early, I can see why so many people are annoyed with Wand, they know that Chael has no chance in this fight.

You still seem butthurt.

Over?

I get to see a better fight and I know for sure that Chael is getting knocked out.

Chael has fought over 40 fights, and has never been KOd. Not going to happen anytime soon.

If chael beats vitor it would probably take Sherdog offline for a bit

Vitor being relatively untested against wrestlers in his recent run does certainly make this fight a bit more interesting but worst matchup? worst than Weidman who can also threat much more on the ground and has far better standup?

You forget to mention that Vitor's guard is really good, and that Chael is extremely vulnerable to

_tufc60-4.jpg

this.

I will pick any wrestler, under the age of 40, to beat Vitor Belfort.

hey buddy, Matt Lindland was under 40 when vitor knocked him out, most people thought he looked dead from that KO... Matt Lindland was a silver medalist in the Olympics....

Chael is not a prime couture Lol, and nice bringing up a fight that was 10 years old as your example

I mean, Chael is the type of fighter against whom Vitor typically has problems. However, I just don't see Chael being able to stifle the everloving power of Jesus. The x factor is that given the relatively short notice of the affair and the TRT stink cloud, Vitor could very well look like shit come fight night. I think Chael likely whoops up on the 2006 Vitor, who lost a tepid decision to Hendo in Pride. I think Chael catches an ass beating against the 2013 Vitor, the one who headkicked Hendo into near epilepsy. Hendo aside, the commonality shared by Vitor's conquerors is that they've consistently out-sized him. Randy, Overeem, Jones Tito and Chuck are all physically larger men. Chael is not. Honestly, I can very easily see this fight playing out the same way that Mousasi - Munoz did this weekend. I'm an Uncle Chael fan though so I hope he can pull it out.

He gets to see Chael tap to strikes*

Better, Tulian?

Actually that would be better ^, also looking forward to Chael kissing up to Vitor leading up to the fight which he will do.

Back