Chael Sonnen is arguably the WORST matchup for Vitor for anyone under 205.

Chael is a better wrestler than Henderson was 8 years ago? No, he isn't..not in my opinion.

Henderson was never an outstanding wrestler in MMA.

He pretty much sacrificed his TDD for deadliness in the stand-up.

Cardio is the one thing Sonnen has over Weidman & although Weidman would destroy Sonnen, he would have a tougher time with Vitor.

I think Sonnen wins this fight unfortunately & it's a shame because I wanted to see Vitor v Machida for the belt.

Weidman would be a tougher matchup because of his submission defense. The Chael who fought Anderson would be a very difficult matchup, but I'm not sure that guy really exists now a days. He is just as much as an analyst as he is a fighter, and I don't think that desperation to become a champion still exists. Of course both are coming off TRT so who the hell knows what will happen.

Weidman is better in every way. If vitor cant beat sonnen he has no buisness fighting weidman

Chael could win for sure, he needs to establish himself and control the fight early, Vitor's recent success seems to have made people forget he tends to fold if the fight does not go his way in the early rounds.

Let's describe Chael Sonnen:

Practically Unlimited Cardio
Big
Strong
Tough
Solid Chin
Grinder
Active with strikes

Remind you of somebody?

Yup. Been saying it for years

michaelbisping.jpg

im curious as to how vitor will look like with out the trt

no he doesn't need a flawless decision. what does that even mean? Pretty much all of Chael's victories have been in dominating fashion by imposing his wrestling on his opponents. That's all Chael needs to do to win. Not sure what this flawless decision nonsense is.

Lol. What I meant was it's a three round fight so Chael won't have any leeway. He is gonna have to do exactly as you said. Impose his wrestling and not get stuck kick boxing vitor. Which is pretty obvious.

Is it possible Vitor gasses in round 5 and gets submitted?

Vitor will turn Chael into what he really is - a turtle.

Vitor is going to be a much more difficult obstacle for Chael (compared to Wand) in my opnion. Off the TRT? we'll see how Vitor does, but has been a beast leading up to now.

what round did bisping get knocked out in? yes the 2nd round

Completely different kind of fight. Chael will be in Vitor's face putting pressure on him from the word go. Bisping was dancing around and avoiding trading on the feet. Chael's type of fight is much more draining.

Chael will break Vitor.

Completely different kind of fight. Chael will be in Vitor's face putting pressure on him from the word go. Bisping was dancing around and avoiding trading on the feet. Chael's type of fight is much more draining.

Chael will break Vitor.

Vitor cardio is better now and he pace himself well.

Vitor via Jesus hand speed

Chael is washed up.

This is an absolute squash match don't let Chaels mouth fool you. He's getting brutalized.

"Tough"

The man goes into turtle mode anytime the heat gets turned up. His toughness is a complete myth. He's no tougher than any other fighter. Certainly not as tough as many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back