Chael Sonnen in the Hall of Fame. Yes or no?

Barely anyone outside of MMA fans actually know who Chael Sonnen is. .

If you don't know who Cheal Sonnen is, then you simply don't watch MMA, at all. He's basically one of the main faces of the organization, and the UFC very much wants it that way.

Undefeated, UFC champ who beat up Anderson for 22min West Linn-style and broke Bones' toe like a gangster in the HOF? How could he not be?

Wasteland isn't worthy of this lil treasure.

If you don't know who Cheal Sonnen is, then you simply don't watch MMA, at all. He's basically one of the main faces of the organization, and the UFC very much wants it that way.

That's what i'm saying, I don't know anyone who knows who Chael Sonnen is unless they watch MMA. Most people don't even know who Cain Velasquez or Jon Jones are either, unless they are MMA fans or caught a glimpse of them on sportscenter highlights. So if there's lots of people out there who don't know who the MMA champions are, I doubt that they know who Chael Sonnen is.

Based on who is in there now, yeah. He is memorable and does things Dana likes. I believe that based on how the HOF is now, the UFC should add more fighters to the hall. They need more stars because without that recognition, most of the guys including the champs and former champs are quite forgettable. People will never forget Harold Howard, but should he be in there? No, but neither should Stephan Bonnar. Chael deserves to be in there based on UFC merits less than many others who are overlooked. Ish aint fair. F it.

He's getting in whether all you turkeys like it or not.

Undefeated, UFC champ who beat up Anderson for 22min West Linn-style and broke Bones' toe like a gangster in the HOF? How could he not be?

now this guy knows his shit, that's for sure.

fantastic post.

That's what i'm saying, I don't know anyone who knows who Chael Sonnen is unless they watch MMA. Most people don't even know who Cain Velasquez or Jon Jones are either, unless they are MMA fans or caught a glimpse of them on sportscenter highlights. So if there's lots of people out there who don't know who the MMA champions are, I doubt that they know who Chael Sonnen is.

well if you are going to use this as the way people get into the Hall of Fame, then all the clowns complaining about Frank Shamrock and Pat Mielitic need to STFU.

Nobody knows who they are either.

well if you are going to use this as the way people get into the Hall of Fame, then all the clowns complaining about Frank Shamrock and Pat Mielitic need to STFU.

Nobody knows who they are either.

That's not what i'm using, I was replying to a different poster because he said people who don't watch MMA know who Chael is, but I find that to not be the case where i'm from. People barely know the champs around here, so I doubt many people outside the MMA community really know who Chael Sonnen is.

No.

Don't start anymore threads.

How did you hit post after reading this?

How did you hit post after reading this?

It's true in my parts. I have one friend who watches MMA, the rest don't know who any of these guys are, even though they are big sports fans themselves. I bet if you go around asking random people if they know who Chael Sonnen or Junior Dos Santos are, there would be way more people who don't know than people who know.

Shael is a first ballot HOFer and that's the bottom line

It's true in my parts. I have one friend who watches MMA, the rest don't know who any of these guys are, even though they are big sports fans themselves.

Just because they are sports fans doesn't mean they are a fan of all sports.

Just because they are sports fans doesn't mean they are a fan of all sports.

Of course, but I think that big sports fans have a higher chance of hearing a mention of these guys names on sportscenter or something than people who don't follow sports closely. MMA has definitely risen in popularity over the years, but it's still not that popular imo.

Yes, hate on him all you want..chael fought in pancrase, was uncrowned wec champ, beat almost every top MW, okami, mardquart, bisping, stann, miller, then nearly beat anderson, went to LHW and beat rua in a few minutes, makes you want to tune into a fight, and is the american gangster whos lost to the 2 somewhat best in the last 4 years...i think of course he does if bonnar is in there lol

He shouldnt. But probably will for his *contributions to the ufc*.

No one should take the hall of fame seriously

Back