Chael Sonnen in the Hall of Fame. Yes or no?

Hells no. At this point, you need a championship to be considered. I know Bonnar got in. Questionable, imo, but I understood why they did it. The UFC would have been fine without Chael. He is marketable, but that's not the same as being a hall of famer.

He has five ufc top 10 wins, and was in arguably the biggest feud in MMA history with Anderson. Also one of the most popular fighters.

He'll make it, and he deserves it, both for his performances inside and outside the octagon.

I don't think so... he just doesn't really have any signature wins, just good ones. The one opportunity he had to really earn that, against Silva the first time, he botched it. And of course, it's not as if his GnP ever seriously hurt anybody the way, say, Fedor, Brock, Velasquez or Jones do or did. Tapping Shogun saved his career, but... I dunno.

Yes, hate on him all you want..chael fought in pancrase, was uncrowned wec champ, beat almost every top MW, okami, mardquart, bisping, stann, miller, then nearly beat anderson, went to LHW and beat rua in a few minutes, makes you want to tune into a fight, and is the american gangster whos lost to the 2 somewhat best in the last 4 years...i think of course he does if bonnar is in there lol

Losing to the best doesn't mean you are one of the best.

i wonder how many times your golden boy has been random tested........... when and only when, the UFC/MMA has random testing, will saying a fighter is clean will mean something.

because right now it means bupkis.

your golden boy falls on a normal post-fight test and u wanna talk about random tests? hahahahaha, get real son...
Chael is known for the fight where he had 16:1 T:E levels. that says a lot.

Chael is a way better fighter than Bonnar ever was and is one of the top MWs ever with his best wins coming in the UFC
hes def HOF

DO you really THINK that Bonnar is in the HoF because of how skilled of a fighter he was? If so, the HoF should be bursting at the seems with mid-level talent! He's in for one reason, and one reason only: Forrest-Bonnar I. There are less than a dozen people in the hall of fame. Do you think Chael is one of the top 12 of all time in the UFC in anything but running his mouth?

why not? the ufc hall of fame is a joke as it is. so whats it matter?
might as well ask if kimbo, james toney, and fedor belong in the ufc hall of fame.

Horrible record.

Never been champ.

Never beat anyone great.

Not HOF but knowing the UFC he will be in the HOF with other great talents like FORREST GRIFFIN AND STEPHAN THE AMERICAN PSYCHO BONNAR

Horrible record.

Never been champ.

Never beat anyone great.

Not HOF but knowing the UFC he will be in the HOF with other great talents like FORREST GRIFFIN AND STEPHAN THE AMERICAN PSYCHO BONNAR

mauricioshogunrua.jpg

So many excuses are given to Pride fighters, it's almost embarrassing.

I'm not making excuses. I'm saying, look at how he has been in fights lately. Injuries are really slowing him down in his career. And maybe an accumulation of damage. He's been around for a while.

Being the best trash talker in the history of the sport is something special. And since the UFC is an entertainment company, I'll say yes.

I don't know why I replied to this thread. I hate any HOF discussions. And I hate threads ending in "discuss".

Yep. Probably not soley for his fighting career, but also his trash talking, his role as a panelist, plus his almost certain future as a commentator.

Back