Chael Sonnen in the Hall of Fame. Yes or no?

You are talking about the American Gangster. How is this in doubt?

Brazilian fans know who he is, and that's what matters.

Yes, hate on him all you want..chael fought in pancrase, was uncrowned wec champ, beat almost every top MW, okami, mardquart, bisping, stann, miller, then nearly beat anderson, went to LHW and beat rua in a few minutes, makes you want to tune into a fight, and is the american gangster whos lost to the 2 somewhat best in the last 4 years...i think of course he does if bonnar is in there lol

Not only that but Shael is technically the multidivisional MW/LHW champ:

- 2nd Silva fight Andy should've been DQ'd for grabbing Shael's shorts

- Without the preposterously early stoppage in the Jones fight Shael would've won via broken toe

Shael is a first ballot HOFer and that's the bottom line

Not only that but Shael is technically the multidivisional MW/LHW champ:

- 2nd Silva fight Andy should've been DQ'd for grabbing Shael's shorts

- Without the preposterously early stoppage in the Jones fight Shael would've won via broken toe

riker.gif

Chael will trash-talk his way into the HoF.

I think if Chael gets inducted Kenny most likely enters with him

Stephan Bonnar made it, so why not?

The UFC HOF is not a serious Hall of Fame anyway. It's just another marketing tool for Dana White.

It's true in my parts. I have one friend who watches MMA, the rest don't know who any of these guys are, even though they are big sports fans themselves. I bet if you go around asking random people if they know who Chael Sonnen or Junior Dos Santos are, there would be way more people who don't know than people who know.

sigh...

I'll sum up your argument. Chael Sonnen should not be in the hall of fame because if you don't watch MMA you don't know who Chael Sonnen is, or anyone else for that matter.

sigh...

I'll sum up your argument. Chael Sonnen should not be in the hall of fame because if you don't watch MMA you don't know who Chael Sonnen is, or anyone else for that matter.

No, that wasn't my argument. I was just responding to someone else who said they thought Chael Sonnen is one of the most famous people in MMA and that people who don't watch MMA know who he is. I disagreed and posted my reasons, it had nothing to do my reasons for thinking that Chael shouldn't be in the HOF.

I'm sure he will get inducted in WWE's hall of fame once he retires.

No, unless he somehow becomes champion (not likely) or gets a lot more quality wins. You can't talk your way in, you've got to fight your way in.

If there was a PRIDE hall of fame, would you exclude Rampage? I sure wouldn't.

Yes. Besides AS Chael is the best MW of all time. Despite struggling at LHW he's beat everyone he's fought over the past few years except AS, Jones and Maia and scored several 10-8 rounds on AS. Sonnen also beat Okami, Marquadt, Bisping, Stann and Shogun. If Sonnen doesn't deserve to be in the HOF there are no MW's who deserve to be in the HOF besides AS.

Back