Chael Sonnen "Dont go through the torture of cutting weight"

Vitor, henderson and Cheal cut alot of weight to make MW.

I would like to see Cheal vs Anderson at 205, Cheals real weight with no cut and both guys can make the weight.

The second fight with Anderson left a bad taste in my mouth with all the hijinks of holding shorts to stop cheals takedowns.

If Hendo cuts alot of weight then so does Anderson,

Because Hendo had to drink gallons of water and lift heavy just to make the 207 pound weight he needed to for a HW fight.

But i agree on a 3rd fight at 205 and with a better ref than yves.

imagine how anthony johnson felt when he made ww. surprised he didnt die or have kidney failure

I thought it was because Anderson beat him twice

Well and whatever weightclass he ended up in he would inevitably be able to shit-talk his way to the title shot. If Chael didn't want to cut any weight at all we'd be looking at JDS vs. Sonnen on Dec 29th.

imagine how anthony johnson felt when he made ww. surprised he didnt die or have kidney failure

he will. especially if he cut like that in college like i think he did. kidney failure is a compiled kind of thing. don't be shocked if you hear he has to go on dialysis later on after his career is over.

i think it has more to do with the weight cut. He looked awful at the weigh ins.

What? No.

Chael wasn't going to get a third title shot after being finished twice from the same champion.

Only reason he's saying this shit is because middleweight is over Chael, and he had no other option.

cutting weight is just another dumb American mentality, nothing more.

have you ever done it? Cutting over a long period of time is manageable but I cut 13 in two days on a short notice fight and wanted to die.

he will. especially if he cut like that in college like i think he did. kidney failure is a compiled kind of thing. don't be shocked if you hear he has to go on dialysis later on after his career is over.

wouldnt surprise me

What? No.

Chael wasn't going to get a third title shot after being finished twice from the same champion.

Only reason he's saying this shit is because middleweight is over Chael, and he had no other option.

He just got a shot at Jon Jones after winning zero fights at lhw. So yes the ufc would of given him a 3rd shot at Silva.

You've never cut weight have you?

While I admit, the weight cuts I've done haven't been as crazy as Chaels, it is certainly doable... Definitely not an American mentality considering every nation does it..

Pft. I couldn't be further from a flag waving Amurican, but this is just pure stupid right here.

It's not dumb if it works. Even if you could attribute weight cutting solely to Americans. There's a reason guys like Vitor Belfort started cutting weight. Because they wanted to actually have a career rather then get physically dominated by the Randy's and Tito's of the world.

The circumstances leading up to that fight were unique to the situation.

I think Chael totally deserves the title shot vs. Jonny Bones. If Chael would of won 3 in a row at mw he would of recevied a title shot vs. Silva.

Says its not worth it at some point.

Pretty insane considering how gorilla sized the guy is

So is he planning on fighting at HW? Because there's no way in hell that he's not going to be cutting weight at 205.

What strategy book did you read that told you to proudly wave your ignorance like a flag by making stupid generalizations in a place chock-full of people who know better? I'd get my money back on that one, son. You keep that receipt?

Back