Chael Sonnen "Dont go through the torture of cutting weight"

dkgQF.jpg

There's video of Mike Dolce, who was Sonnen's nutritionist for his rematch with Anderson, saying that come fight night (vs Anderson), Chael would probably be about 218. That's fucking insane.

I can see why he's jumping up in weight class... 30+ lb cuts aren't healthy and have to affect performance. He's a legit 205er...

If Hendo cuts alot of weight then so does Anderson,

Because Hendo had to drink gallons of water and lift heavy just to make the 207 pound weight he needed to for a HW fight.

But i agree on a 3rd fight at 205 and with a better ref than yves.

[YT]aX6p5anBeQY[/YT]

and Fedor weighed in at 223 with a chubby belly.... and people have tried to say he can't make LHW! It's too bad Fedor didn't fight at LHW where he would have reinvented himself and not been smashed by huge guys like Bigfoot.

His last few weight cuts sure looked awful, and Dolce is a hell of a joke

His last few weight cuts sure looked awful, and Dolce is a hell of a joke
uhm, without Dolce Chael wouldn't have made weight.
he was 230 pounds before the fight, even the other biggest weight cutters like Belfort are around 220, but a MW that walk around at 230 is insane.

I think dolce scams his fighters into making weight by getting them to cut muscle. His diet has very little protein. It's a mostly vegan diet with tiny portions of chicken/beef, not enough for a professional athlete.

i'm a big sonnen fan, but man does he contradict himself with this weigh cutting mumbo jumbo, he claims weighting more is a "disadvantage" yet he cut the most absurd amount of weight I've personally every seen in the ufc, he looks really sick at 185 when he weighs in

rumble

Chael's body is thick at 205.

I hope his cardio will stay the same, that's the only thing he's bringing to the table, that he might make it a dirty fight and last longer than Jones.

.Sucks for those fighters taking fights in January, having to spend Xmas cutting back on the cakes, chocolates & greasy stuff...bummer.

Vitor, henderson and Cheal cut alot of weight to make MW.

I would like to see Cheal vs Anderson at 205, Cheals real weight with no cut and both guys can make the weight.

The second fight with Anderson left a bad taste with all the hijinks of holding shorts to stop some of cheals takedowns.
Hendo not so much maybe about 15 pounds

uhm, without Dolce Chael wouldn't have made weight.
he was 230 pounds before the fight, even the other biggest weight cutters like Belfort are around 220, but a MW that walk around at 230 is insane.

You are correct to an extent, without Dolce Sonnen would not be able to cut from 230 to 185 in a couple of days. Which is my point. Dolce put on short time high fiber diets which totally drain his fighters out. Sure, they makes weight, however they look drained as hell afterwards.

Sonnen looked much better and energic before Dolce and he never missed weight either. My guess is that he thought he could benefit from being heavier and still makes weight thanks to Dolce but I believe it is counter productive when you got a grinding style like Sonnen possess.

Back