Chael has been finished in more fights than he has finished fights...

Aw shucks, my number was wrong. Point being, he's on a win streak. Chael is not, and you can't honestly tell me that a win over Vitor should automatically vault him into a title fight.

Additionally, the majority of his losses against top competition were fucking lopsided beatdowns. In a few cases he shouldn't have even been in the cage with the "ranked" opponent but the UFC loves throwing him into headline/title fights.

Thanks for the "You don't watch MMA" line though. Tells me everything I need to know about you.

I think Vitor murders Chael, personally. But if you don't give the shot to the winner, then who? Who else should be ahead of Chael and Vitor? Are you one of those guys that said Chael "shouldn't" be in the ring with Shogun? And your Av SHOULD tell me that you know a little more about the WW picture than MB is on a 5 fight win streak. Either call it a streak, or get the number in the neighborhood, if you are going to list one. The fact that you are on sherdog, and haven't read a billion effing times how many fights MB has won in a row is astonishing. Point being is, he has absolutely zero top 10 wins ever. EVER. EVER!

And every loss since 2010 coming from 2 current champs at the time, Jon Jones and Anderson silve, and 1 loss from a former champ, Rashad Evans.

Nothing to really be ashamed of.

First, that's ALL losses. And aside from the first Anderson fight those losses were LOSSES - As in he shouldn't have even been in the same cage losses.

In some cases you can look at a fighters losses and say "Ya, he fought top competition and had some tough losses". In this case you say "Ya, he fought top competition and got his fucking ass handed to him".

And every loss since 2010 coming from 2 current champs at the time, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva, and a former champ, Rashad Evans.

Nothing to really be ashamed of.

no where did I say or imply he should he ashamed only that he should not be at the top and in title contention

would you like to speak about someone else's opinion:icon_neut

Bisping, Stann and Shogun would completely disagree that he is undeserving of the fights he was given with them, since he beat them. You SAY he is given fights he doesn't deserve like it is fact, but the facts show that your opinion is clearly just that, your wrong opinion.

I think Vitor murders Chael, personally. But if you don't give the shot to the winner, then who? Who else should be ahead of Chael and Vitor? Are you one of those guys that said Chael "shouldn't" be in the ring with Shogun? And your Av SHOULD tell me that you know a little more about the WW picture than MB is on a 5 fight win streak. Either call it a streak, or get the number in the neighborhood, if you are going to list one. The fact that you are on sherdog, and haven't read a billion effing times how many fights MB has won in a row is astonishing. Point being is, he has absolutely zero top 10 wins ever. EVER. EVER!

thats why he doesnt get title shot, after title shot, after title shot like chael. he is auctauly having to prove he belongs at the top which is the point of the thread.

His UFC record since coming back is 6-5. 2 loses to Anderson Silva, one to Jon Jones, one to Rashad Evans, and one to Demian Maia.
There are guys who lose to worse guys then that who are still at the top.
In fact, barring Weidman, there is no one better in Middleweight history then Anderson, Jon Jones is the king of MMA, and Rashad is a certified top 3 in either middleweight or LHW.

The only guy out of them that I think he should have found a way to beat was Maia.

Bisping, Stann and Shogun would completely disagree that he is undeserving of the fights he was given with them, since he beat them. You SAY he is given fights he doesn't deserve like it is fact, but the facts show that your opinion is clearly just that, your wrong opinion.

when did I say he didnt deserve to fight bisbing, stann or shogun? non of those guys were at the "top" when he fought them and still arent

His UFC record since coming back is 6-5. 2 loses to Anderson Silva, one to Jon Jones, one to Rashad Evans, and one to Demian Maia.
In fact, barring Weidman, there is no one better in Middleweight history then Anderson, Jon Jones is the king of MMA, and Rashad is a certified top 3 in either middleweight or LHW.

The only guy out of them that I think he should have found a way to beat was Maia.

who?

Losing All time:
#1 MW and #1 or 2# P4P Anderson
#1 LHW #1 P4P Jones
#2 LHW Rashed

not shame

.. I'm not sure why you're so fixated on belt colors, streak counts and AV's in order to make yourself feel superior but hey, have at it boss. Whatever puts a smile on your face.

Anyhow back to the actual topic. First, regarding your Shogun comment, no.

Second, how about Jacare? How about ANYONE currently fighting at MW and ranked in the Top 10? Chael is coming in having lost three of his last 4, with his last fight being at 205. So he should be able to fight Vitor now at 205 and if he wins he deserves a shot at the 185 belt? You fucking kidding me?

Who?

I would put Phil Davis comfortably in the "worse than Anderson and Jones" category. And look who he beat just 9 months ago, who is fighting for the title after only beating Munoz and Gegard. Just one example....

Losing All time:
#1 LHW #1 P4P Jones
#2 LHW Rashed

not shame

not a shame yes, but it proves he should not be in Title contention.

and shad is not #2

Chael probably had the hardest back to back fights in the history of mma.

I would put Phil Davis comfortably in the "worse than Anderson and Jones" category. And look who he beat just 9 months ago, who is fighting for the title after only beating Munoz and Gegard. Just one example....

com'n son... really?Davis is who you came up with LOL:rolleyes: davis has worse losses then sonnen and is still at the top? try again.

com'n son... really?Davis is who you came up with LOL:rolleyes: davis has worse losses then sonnen and is still at the top? try again.

Reading comprehension is your friend "son". Davis BEAT Machida, who is currently next in line. Machida losing to Davis is worse than Chael losing to Jones and the Spider. Understand now? Good boy....

Pretty sure he was talking about Machida losing to Davis and now fighting for the title.

Seems to me he wants to ignore the manner in which Machida lost his fight to Davis (close decision) and act like it's equal to the manner in which Chael has lost his fights (decisive stoppages in fights that weren't competitive and made Chael look like the commission made a mistake even sanctioning such mismatches).

And if memory serves me correctly Machida had to drop a weightclass and win 2 consecutive fights against top ten opposition. And still he needed Belfort having a licensing issue in order to secure that fight.

Losing All time:
#1 LHW #1 P4P Jones
#2 LHW Rashed

not shame

Anderson 1 - He earned that fight absolutely and it was outstanding.
Anderson 2 - He earned this fight as well and was demolished.
Jon Jones - Should never have been in that cage in the first place, was embarassing.
Rashad - Was expecting this to be a lot more competitive. Again, embarassing.

Look, Chael has a hell of a resume and wins over some big names. Agreed, nothing to be ashamed of.

The point still remains, there is no way in hell that he deserves a title shot at this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back