Chael has been finished in more fights than he has finished fights...

Second, how about Jacare? How about ANYONE currently fighting at MW and ranked in the Top 10? Chael is coming in having lost three of his last 4, with his last fight being at 205. So he should be able to fight Vitor now at 205 and if he wins he deserves a shot at the 185 belt? You fucking kidding me?

Chael, outside of the MW GOAT, lost his last middleweight fight in 2009. Jacare lost to Luke Rockhold, and does not have the top 10 wins Chael does. I would also love to see Jacare up there, but don't act like he is a no-brainer compared to Sonnen.

Reading comprehension is your friend "son". Davis BEAT Machida, who is currently next in line. Machida losing to Davis is worse than Chael losing to Jones and the Spider. Understand now? Good boy....

so you are saying Machida has a worse record than chael? really? you ere looking worse and worse keep going LOL

so you are saying Machida has a worse record than chael? really? you ere looking worse and worse keep going LOL

I swear to GOD some people have zero brains. You asked ONE example of someone that has LOST to anyone WORSE than Anderson and Jones, that is still at the TOP. The answer is Machida. Machida answers your question. Not comparing Machida to Sonnen. Machida has lost to Phil Davis 9 months ago, and is still at the top. Yes, it was a bullcrap decision, but there is the example you asked for. PLEASE concentrate from now on.

I swear to GOD some people have zero brains. You asked ONE example of someone that has LOST to anyone WORSE than Anderson and Jones, that is still at the TOP. The answer is Machida. Machida answers your question. Not comparing Machida to Sonnen. Machida has lost to Phil Davis 9 months ago, and is still at the top. Yes, it was a bullcrap decision, but there is the example you asked for. PLEASE concentrate from now on.

No, you didn't just list Anderson Silva and Jon Jones for the question you asked, you also listed Rashad Evans and Demian Maia. Also you said "guys" not just one fighter so you should have listed multiple fighters. Now you concentrate.

so your example of guys having worse losses than Chael and staying at the top is machida losing a decision to davis you say was bullshit :rolleyes: OOOOkay...

can I have another please?

.500 doesn't tell you anything really. Who were those opponents against? If we were talking .500 against nonranked guys then sure, he's not that good. The fact is though, Sonnen is consistently fighting top 10 guys and is staying at .500

That isn't bad. If you look at a lot of your favorite fighters, they likely only have a win heavy record because they had 10 or so fights before they faced top talent. If you only judged those guys by their UFC/Pride record, you would see a lot of .500s

.500 doesn't tell you anything really. Who were those opponents against? If we were talking .500 against nonranked guys then sure, he's not that good. The fact is though, Sonnen is consistently fighting top 10 guys and is staying at .500

That isn't bad. If you look at a lot of your favorite fighters, they likely only have a win heavy record because they had 10 or so fights before they faced top talent. If you only judged those guys by their UFC/Pride record, you would see a lot of .500s

no, he gets his ass handed to him by all the top guys he faces. which is why he should stop facing them and the point of this thread.

For example

Shogun 4-5 since 2010 (under .500)
Machida 5-4 since 2010 (a little over .500)
Hendo 5-5 since 2010 (.500)
Evans 6-2 since 2010 (.750)

See the point?

no, he gets his ass handed to him by all the top guys he faces. which is why he should stop facing them and the point of this thread.

Umm, no? He beat half of those guys since 2010 and they were top names

Bisping
Marquardt
Stann
Shogun

Do I agree he shouldn't have been given a title shot for Jones? Sure. But to say he isn;t beatubg top guys is absurd.

For example

See the point?

Who the hell thinks either of those two are at the top?

For example

See the point?

No I dont see your point. what is your point? none of those guys should be fighting for a title except Machida and only because he moved down a weight class.

Umm, no? He beat half of those guys since 2010 and they were top names

Bisping
Marquardt
Stann
Shogun

Do I agree he shouldn't have been given a title shot for Jones? Sure. But to say he isn;t beatubg top guys is absurd.

none of those guys are elite fighters justifying Chael always being in title contention

For example

See the point?

What's the point? Shogun is nowhere near from contendership, which is fair.

Use 2011 instead of 2010 and Machida is suddenly 5-2 (Jones, who seems invincible, and after a good 1st round; Davis, controversial). And we're talking about a former champion who is unbeaten at MW.

Can you remember the last time you saw Hendo in a title fight? Long time ago. And that's fair, given his record. Chael fought 2 times for the belt since 2012, and it didn't look good.

Evans' resume just goes against your point. He should be much closer to a title fight than Chael, and still people expect some wins before giving him another chance.

This is not to deny Chael's merits to be among the very best, but it's delusional to argue his title shots are consequence of what happens inside the cage.

He has also fought AS 2x and JJ 1x. And arguably beat the GOAT Silva the first time round, gave him an ass whoopin for 24:30 minutes

The fight didn't even last 24:30 seconds so I think you're wrong about that. Of course there were absolutely no asterisks around that fight either, perfectly clean controversy free performance.

Chael didn't ask to be in a title contender fight with Vitor, he had to after his scheduled opponent chickened out.

Don't blame Chael, blame the guy who ran from the piss cup.

Tell me more about your opinion. Did you know that Chael has only lost ONE fight that wasn't for the title since 2009? Did you know that Chael's last 5 wins were all top 10?

I maybe mistaking here but I seem to recall Stann and Bisping both magically becoming top 10 after signing to fight Chael, they got there ranking for signing a piece of paper, not for beating top 10 ranked opponents.

People are acting like Chael deserves a reward for getting beat up by the very best. Of course you'll only lose to champions if you keep fighting champions. That's precisely why he should be fighting guys like Shogun or Vitor, so maybe, after a few wins, he'll actually deserve a 4th shot at the UFC gold.

It's nice that Chael fights everyone ahead of him. That's what Maldonado would do if you kept booking fights against Jones or Cain. But guess what, maybe he'd lose to most top 10 competition too.

To discover where to rank Chael among MWs like Jacare, Rockhold, Mousasi, Carmont, Kennedy etc., worst thing to do is getting him to fight the champ after a win against TRTless Vitor. He'd lose again and sustain his TOP 2 status forever.

No, you didn't just list Anderson Silva and Jon Jones for the question you asked, you also listed Rashad Evans and Demian Maia.

Look again, you cheeky little monkey. I wasn't even the one that asked the stupid question. Now YOU concentrate. :icon_chee
And Yes, Phil Davis is also worse than Rashad. Demian Maia has also fought for the title, so Demian is also better than Phil, if you look at it that way.

Also you said "guys" not just one fighter so you should have listed multiple fighters. Now you concentrate.

You want more than Machida, but multiple guys that have losses to guys "worse" than Chael, but are still at the "top"?

OK, off the top of my head....

Mizugaki (Cariaso and Bowles)

Hendo (many feel the Cormier fight was a title eliminator. His losses are comperable to Chael)

Tyron Woodley (Shields and Marquardt)

Matt Brown (dropped FOUR fights to non ranked fighters in the last 4 years. That is worse than Chael, and he is fighting in a title eliminator after a win streak against unranked opponents)

Lombard (Okami and Boetsch)

Jeremy Stephens (Cerrone and Yves)

Sure there are many more, but it isn't worth researching a question that I didn't even ask in the first place......

Last edited:
Back