Chad will show up to fight. Frankie will show up to do cardio drills

I actually think Mendes will stop (or at least win a lopsided decision over) Frankie. People seem to forget that the Gray Maynard rematch was nearly 5 years ago and I sincerely doubt he can still recover from shots like that; especially considering Gray Maynard was never a serious finisher in his career. Edgar's schedule/level of competition at FW has been atrocious considering he's been there nearly 3 years now (not to mention he was basically the LW champ when he dropped down) and Mendes is easily his toughest opponent in years. Mendes TKO in Round 1

You're right, the Maynard fight was nearly 5 years ago. It's not too relevant. Since then, Frankie has fought better strikers and survived. I doubt Mendes will be a tougher striking opponent than Aldo. I also expect Frankie to get a TD or two. I'm positive that Chad has no guard and Frankie is damn good at passing and smashing.

This is going to be a great fight. 5 rounds of this bout is going to be fun to watch. Edgar and Mendes is the most interesting match up besides Aldo/McGregor or Lawler/Condit this year. Mendes has come a long way with his striking, and Frankie has come a long way this his ground game. Both have the wrestling to compete, but the interesting thing is will Edgar use his GnP or will Mendes do his best to keep it standing? I can see them wrestling at first, but standing and banging towards the end.

Frankie via split decision

I thought the exact same thing. Big Edgar fan, but against another wrestler with powerfull hands, he's gonna do a lot sticking and moving. A whole lot....

he TKO'd a bigger, stronger, harder hitting wrestler in Maynard.

Frankie will use his movement, stick n move and win this fight. Whether he finishes chad in the 4th or wins by decision in the 5th is up to Chad's cardio, but Frankie wins this fight. Too much cardio, too much fight IQ, too much heart.

You're right, the Maynard fight was nearly 5 years ago. It's not too relevant. Since then, Frankie has fought better strikers and survived. I doubt Mendes will be a tougher striking opponent than Aldo. I also expect Frankie to get a TD or two. I'm positive that Chad has no guard and Frankie is damn good at passing and smashing.

#1) The Aldo fight was nearly 3 years ago

#2) Aldo doesn't have the 1 punch KO power that Mendes does

#3) Mendes also presents the fear of the takedown which can interrupt Edgar's rhythm

Edgar could easily come out and stick and move against Mendes for a decision, but if he does get caught, I honestly doubt he can still recover the way people expect. Like I said, Edgar has been facing some very weak competition since coming down to FW and this will be a very tough fight for him. He has always had his most difficult fights against fellow elite wrestlers

I love all the conspiracy theories about 'protecting' McGregor. Firstly, that assumes he beats Aldo (I'm rooting for him, but who knows).

But on top of that, all we ever heard when McGregor got the title shot is 'why doesn't he fight Edgar or Mendes?', 'This is bullshit, it's gifted'. Meanwhile those same people now complain that these top contender's have to beat each other even though they've already had a title shot or two.

You Bet, That is his style,

Frankie By UD or SD.

definitely wont be a war. Only chance of rematch is if Frankie loses. He will whine and throw his hat and say a bunch of self entitled things.

Whine.....Just like what you're doing in this thread, you goof

#1) The Aldo fight was nearly 3 years ago

#2) Aldo doesn't have the 1 punch KO power that Mendes does

#3) Mendes also presents the fear of the takedown which can interrupt Edgar's rhythm

Edgar could easily come out and stick and move against Mendes for a decision, but if he does get caught, I honestly doubt he can still recover the way people expect. Like I said, Edgar has been facing some very weak competition since coming down to FW and this will be a very tough fight for him. He has always had his most difficult fights against fellow elite wrestlers

#1 Fair point
#2 Mendes doesn't have the 1 punch KO power that some people think. He has power for sure, but it's not that serious.
#3 Frankie poses the bigger takedown threat. Chad doesn't really time his takedowns. Watch his takedowns. He typically muscles them. Frankie has good counter wrestling. Frankie, on the other hand, times his TD's. There is no struggle. He just gets you down because you're off guard.

#4 Chad has no guard (I'm assuming, but it's a reasonable assumption)

I guess in the end, we have to wait and see. Since Maynard, he's gotten rocked and still showed that he can recover. Unless Chad hits him right on the button, which is possible, I don't think Chad will get the T/KO unless it's an early stoppage.

Frankie is hittable and I don't think either guy can hold the other down. It's possible we get a takedown clinic from one of them if they prove dominant there, but I kind of doubt it. I think we get a very close stand up affair, but I don't think it'll just be pitter patter from either guy. I got Frankie, but no money down.

I actually think Mendes will stop (or at least win a lopsided decision over) Frankie. People seem to forget that the Gray Maynard rematch was nearly 5 years ago and I sincerely doubt he can still recover from shots like that; especially considering Gray Maynard was never a serious finisher in his career. Edgar's schedule/level of competition at FW has been atrocious considering he's been there nearly 3 years now (not to mention he was basically the LW champ when he dropped down) and Mendes is easily his toughest opponent in years. Mendes TKO in Round 1

You can't be serious? How is Mendes tougher than Aldo and Bendo? All of Frankies losses have been by decision and I had him over Bendo in their rematch. You're fucking delusional.

I had a feeling this fight was going to happen. Both are great fighters and Chad seems to be a threat to Edgar. He threaten Edgar with his KO power but I still believe that Edgar will get the win with a UD. I don't see Mendes keeping up with Edgar and Mendes will probably be looking for the one punch KO with his over hand right. Edgar should be able to outstrike him and probably take him down at least twice.

No way Frankie engages or tries to fight. This will be a sprinting contest with Chad standing in the center of the octagon and Frankie avoiding action at all costs.

Frankie by split decision.

No. I think chad does everything a little better than frankie. Frankie might be a tad faster, throws more combos, but he lacks power. I think their wrestling will cancel each other out. I think that chad's power will be the factor. Chad is also fast inside. His short reach was proven to be a major weakness against conor, but frankie doesn't have conor's reach or striking ability. Every fight edgar is in, is close. This fight will be no different. I think chad has a little bit too much for him though.

You can't be serious? How is Mendes tougher than Aldo and Bendo? All of Frankies losses have been by decision and I had him over Bendo in their rematch. You're fucking delusional.

If you actually read my post, you would see that I also had Frankie beating Bendo. I actually thought he won the 1st time around as well. Benson is grossly overrated; the guy is arguably 3-7 in his last 10 (thought he beat Cowboy but lost to Thompson, Melendez, and Edgar both times).

Aldo is also a tougher opponent than Mendes but again, that fight was 3 years ago. Who has Frankie beaten since then? Do you think Olivera, standing straight up Penn, Swanson, and Urijah are better than Mendes?

In no way did I say this was a guaranteed win for Mendes, it was simply a prediction that could easily be wrong. This will be an incredibly tough fight for both guys but when countless people are saying Frankie by heart and acting like his chin is unbreakable, it gets a little tiring. Mendes could absolutely stop Edgar

Chad will end up like Maynard, after Edgar he will not be the same.

At least TS still says that Edgar wins

How is this remotely relevant? What are you even talking about?

It's relevant because people are constantly using "heart" and an iron jaw as reasons why Edgar will win this fight and the Maynard fights are obviously what they are referring to which is a bit ridiculous considering how long ago those fights were. Even if they're referring to surviving the upkick from Benson, that fight was 4 years ago. Lasted 5 rounds against Aldo? 3 years ago (and also, most people do). I am simply saying I don't think Edgar's chin is as good as people think it is. Maybe it is, but I'm simply expressing an opinion.

Edgar hasn't taken many shots in a fight in a long time (likely due to his inactivity and his weak competition in the last few years) so it is difficult to know what will happen if he gets hit clean by a heavy hitter like Mendes. It might not even happen because Frankie is good at avoiding, but people are kidding themselves if they think Mendes can't stop Edgar

EDIT:
Chad will end up like Maynard, after Edgar he will not be the same.

This is what I'm referring to :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back