Chad will show up to fight. Frankie will show up to do cardio drills

Chad will end up like Maynard, after Edgar he will not be the same.

Maynard and Mendes should never be in the same sentence again. Mendes is light years ahead of Maynard. Many fighters can take the credit for ending Maynard's career.

I really don't get the Frankie hate around here. The guy is an incredible fighter with amazing heart. Are people still really that hurt that he beat BJ three times? His footwork and boxing are top notch and he takes down guys that nobody thinks can be taken down. He is an absolute workhorse. I can't wait for his fight with Chad, I am a big fan of both guys. They both have great wrestling and while Chad has more power in his hands, Frankie is more technical and will be able to use his speed and footwork to avoid Chad's big shots in my opinion.
Also, to whoever said that Frankie had trouble with Faber, did you see that fight? It was total domination by Frankie from start to finish. Faber was basically trying not to get finished the whole fight and never really looked to take a risk to try to win that fight.

If you actually read my post, you would see that I also had Frankie beating Bendo. I actually thought he won the 1st time around as well. Benson is grossly overrated; the guy is arguably 3-7 in his last 10 (thought he beat Cowboy but lost to Thompson, Melendez, and Edgar both times).

Aldo is also a tougher opponent than Mendes but again, that fight was 3 years ago. Who has Frankie beaten since then? Do you think Olivera, standing straight up Penn, Swanson, and Urijah are better than Mendes?

In no way did I say this was a guaranteed win for Mendes, it was simply a prediction that could easily be wrong. This will be an incredibly tough fight for both guys but when countless people are saying Frankie by heart and acting like his chin is unbreakable, it gets a little tiring. Mendes could absolutely stop Edgar

Why are you breaking down Edgar's record when it's better than Chad's?

Mendes is coming off a (T)KO loss.

W Faber, W Swanson, W Penn, W Oliviera IS 100% BETTER THAN

L McGregor, W Lamas, L Aldo, W Nik Lentz.

Frankie has 0 losses from (T)KO. Chad has 2 loses from (T)KO.

Frankie NEVER shows up to fight

fe.gif

CourteousTornAvocet.gif

Frankie%2BEdgar%2BNeck%2BCranks%2BCub%2BSwanson%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B57%2BAustin.gif

If you show up to fight and lose to a guy doing cardio drills, then you don't deserve the win.

If you actually read my post, you would see that I also had Frankie beating Bendo. I actually thought he won the 1st time around as well. Benson is grossly overrated; the guy is arguably 3-7 in his last 10 (thought he beat Cowboy but lost to Thompson, Melendez, and Edgar both times).

Aldo is also a tougher opponent than Mendes but again, that fight was 3 years ago. Who has Frankie beaten since then? Do you think Olivera, standing straight up Penn, Swanson, and Urijah are better than Mendes?

In no way did I say this was a guaranteed win for Mendes, it was simply a prediction that could easily be wrong. This will be an incredibly tough fight for both guys but when countless people are saying Frankie by heart and acting like his chin is unbreakable, it gets a little tiring. Mendes could absolutely stop Edgar

I agree. I think it will be a close fight, as are all edgar's fights. But I think chad's power may be the factor. Frankie simply doesn't have any power. Frankie will have to literally box his pants off, the whole 5 rounds. Which is possible. I just don't think it will happen.

I used to be a Frankie hater, but it's not really his fault, at least not entirely, that he keeps going to close decisions. And it's understandable he gets upset after a close loss.
He used to be quite tentative at times, but he has been a lot more aggressive since he moved to FW. The Swanson fight in particular is a great example. I think he will come to fight, not just dance around.

Has nothing to do with him being more aggressive. He's fighting guys better suited for his size. The guy is amazing.

#1 Fair point
#2 Mendes doesn't have the 1 punch KO power that some people think. He has power for sure, but it's not that serious.
#3 Frankie poses the bigger takedown threat. Chad doesn't really time his takedowns. Watch his takedowns. He typically muscles them. Frankie has good counter wrestling. Frankie, on the other hand, times his TD's. There is no struggle. He just gets you down because you're off guard.

#4 Chad has no guard (I'm assuming, but it's a reasonable assumption)

I guess in the end, we have to wait and see. Since Maynard, he's gotten rocked and still showed that he can recover. Unless Chad hits him right on the button, which is possible, I don't think Chad will get the T/KO unless it's an early stoppage.

IMO it is pretty evident that Mendes has more 1 punch KO power than Aldo does. Will it be enough to stop Edgar? We will see... if he even connects.

Frankie's wrestling is grossly underappreciated but I honestly don't see him using it much in this fight. If he does get a takedown, it will likely be a quick opportunistic one to score points at the end of a close round; I sincerely doubt Mendes' guard (or lack thereof) will be a factor and I see him getting up pretty easily if taken down.

I see this fight basically being Edgar pawing away and retreating and Mendes trying to catch him. However, unlike Maynard who was undisciplined and headhunted constantly after he rocked Edgar (driving his coaches crazy), I see Mendes hurting Frankie but remaining patient and eventually forcing a stoppage instead of blowing himself up.

He brings his running shoes and a bad haircut. Definitely doesn't bring a fight.

I agree. I think it will be a close fight, as are all edgar's fights. But I think chad's power may be the factor. Frankie simply doesn't have any power. Frankie will have to literally box his pants off, the whole 5 rounds. Which is possible. I just don't think it will happen.

One big question is whether Chad can keep up with edgars pace, if he doesn't finish frankie in the first two rounds I expect Edgar to take charge and win either by decision or TKO via GnP

He brings his running shoes and a bad haircut. Definitely doesn't bring a fight.

Did you watch any of the Maynard fights? How about the Aldo fight? Or the second or third Penn fight? What about the second Bendo fight?

Why are you breaking down Edgar's record when it's better than Chad's?

Mendes is coming off a (T)KO loss.

W Faber, W Swanson, W Penn, W Oliviera IS 100% BETTER THAN

L McGregor, W Lamas, L Aldo, W Nik Lentz.

Frankie has 0 losses from (T)KO. Chad has 2 loses from (T)KO.

Did you seriously watch any of those fights? If you think Edgar's performances against those opponents were more impressive than Mendes' against his, you are out of your mind and not worth talking to.

When did they announce this fight I had no idea? Awesome styles matchup which will force a griffin-edgar type of showdown imo.

There it is. The pre-made excuse.

Frankie has a lot of the same fans as Mendes, so the people talking shit are Frankie haters, not Mendes fans. You don't just beat BJ Penn 3 times without facing the consequences.

The whole first paragraph is my sentiments as well. I thought Benson should of got the nod vs Cowboy for the third match but thought Benson lost to Frankie both times,Mendez and Josh.

Back