Chad will show up to fight. Frankie will show up to do cardio drills

I think Frankie takes this. In meaningful fights (#1 contender, title shot, title defense, etc), he's .500 or better, while Alpha Male guys (TJ excluded) take the Bisping approach.

I like how I keep getting called a BJ fan. I actually rooted for Frankie in the 1st and 2nd BJ fight. I also don't give a single shit about Chad. This will be the first fight of his i root for him. This is about Frankie running away from action during fights.

I think Frankie takes this. In meaningful fights (#1 contender, title shot, title defense, etc), he's .500 or better, while Alpha Male guys (TJ excluded) take the Bisping approach.

Mendes and Urijah brought it against Aldo II and Dom II. Dom Cruz was flat out better that night.

Did you seriously watch any of those fights? If you think Edgar's performances against those opponents were more impressive than Mendes' against his, you are out of your mind and not worth talking to.

Lol. Going 4-0 is more impressive than going 2-2.

Unveiled Edgar hate in this thread.

Much trolling and hate in here.

I think Edgar takes it because of his cardio, chin and footwork and I think Edgar would beat Conor as well. He's both extremely talented and fast and while less powerful than Chad and much smaller than Conor, he's unbelievably tough and is one of my favorite fighters. He won't gas, Mendes will imo and I doubt Edgar's gonna get knocked out.

Running in circles and punching the air 21u418234981 times is never impressive.

Better than getting rocked in the face and collapsing on the ground in the 2nd round because you have nothing left.

No way Frankie engages or tries to fight. This will be a sprinting contest with Chad standing in the center of the octagon and Frankie avoiding action at all costs.

Frankie by split decision.

You're an idiot.

Lol. Going 4-0 is more impressive than going 2-2.

So by that logic Ryan Bader would smash Gustafsson right? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mendes gave Aldo his toughest fight of all time and lost to Conor (who is likely going to be the next champion) because he had a 2 week training camp; he won the 1st round. The KO win over Lamas itself is bigger than all 4 of Edgar's wins combined. Urijah is past his prime, Penn was an absolutely can at the end of his career, and Olivera was a tune up fight because Edgar was coming off 3 straight losses. Edgar's only good win at 145 so far (not his fault, the matchmaking for him has been horrendous) was over Cub and Holloway just did it faster and more dominantly right after. Wins/losses don't mean shit unless you're just looking on fight finder and not actually watching fights. Mendes competition > Edgar's by a landslide in their last 4 fights

Moral of the story: Do not sleep on Mendes. He is still extremely dangerous.

I'm surprised so many people are picking Chad.
The way I see it, Frankie is too technical in all aspects of MMA, his cardio is too good, and his pace too punishing.

Yes, Frankie does pitter-patter, surprise level changes, lots of circling and angles, and lots of 10-9 rounds.
That is what he is best at and that's what he turns to against the HIGHEST level opponents.

Sometimes a guy's funnest fights to watch will be against much lesser fighters.
I used to love watching Robbie Lawler fight someone who wasn't up to par. Don't get to see that these days.

Mendes gave Aldo his toughest fight of all time and lost to Conor (who is likely going to be the next champion) because he had a 2 week training camp; he won the 1st round. The KO win over Lamas itself is bigger than all 4 of Edgar's wins combined. Urijah is past his prime, Penn was an absolutely can at the end of his career, and Olivera was a tune up fight because Edgar was coming off 3 straight losses. Edgar's only good win at 145 so far (not his fault, the matchmaking for him has been horrendous) was over Cub and Holloway just did it faster and more dominantly right after. Wins/losses don't mean shit unless you're just looking on fight finder and not actually watching fights. Mendes competition > Edgar's by a landslide in their last 4 fights

Moral of the story: Do not sleep on Mendes. He is still extremely dangerous.

Breaking down Edgar's opponents again. The same could be done with Mendes', except Edgar's record is far superior and he's a former champ.

You talk about watching the fights, then bring up Edgar was on a 3 fight slid but said previously you thought Edgar beat Bendo twice!!! Too many holes in your argument.

Gus is going to get crushed by DC.

And I still don't get why you think going 2-2 is better than 4-0.

Breaking down Edgar's opponents again. The same could be done with Mendes', except Edgar's record is far superior and he's a former champ.

You talk about watching the fights, then bring up Edgar was on a 3 fight slid but said previously you thought Edgar beat Bendo twice!!! Too many holes in your argument.

Gus is going to get crushed by DC.

You talk about holes in my argument and then use DC as a red herring? :redface: Keep trolling man, you are an absolute joke

I hope Frankie can take the W. Chad will becoming in motivated to avenge Urijah's loss and get himself back into contention and stopping Frankie is a good way to start the road back into the title picture. Hopefully Frankie can pull it off though, I think he can get a late TKO if he manages to keep wearing Chad down.

You talk about holes in my argument and then use DC as a red herring? :redface: Keep trolling man, you are an absolute joke

What was a red herring is you saying this:

You're not trolling but you are delusional. You tried but you failed.

WAR Edgar.

What was a red herring is you saying this:

You're not trolling but you are delusional. You tried but you failed.

WAR Edgar.

That was a comparison as Gustaffson, like Mendes, is also 2-2 in his last 4 (one of the losses being a close decision to the #1 fighter in the division and the other loss being a stoppage to a top 3 opponent) and Bader is 4-0 in his last 4 but against weaker competition (like Edgar). Your red herring was saying that DC is going to smash Gus which is true but has nothing to do with Gus being better than Bader.

Oh and I am not a fan of either Mendes or Edgar so I am being objective about the fight and what the outcome could be as I think either guy could take it. Judging by the end of your post, we see where you really stand... :redface:

So using technique, movement and strategy to win a "hit and don't get hit" is considered "running"? C'mon. Frankie is an excellent fighter who shows tons of heart and has won fights where he was hurt. This thread is silly.

Back