Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz Verbally Agreed For UFC on FOX 9

No problem with this.
Bermudez/Lentz made little sense. Lentz is clearly confident in his abilities, let's see him test them out against a top featherweight. He's gonna crack like an 'over-done egg' within 1.5rounds, guaranteed. It'll look like Mendes/Elkins but will last a bit longer.

Lentz is a machine at 145. But he just ran into the worst possible match up he could get.

Wtf? Mendes just tooled a guy that looks much like Lentz style wise : Elkins. Plus the fact that Lentz was supposed to fight Bermudez.

Lamas vs Swanson rematch? Makes no sense since Lamas already beat him and has only won since, why would he need to fight him again?

All you people complaining about Mendes fighting grapplers, we all know how Mendes does against good strikers (Cub and Koch)

Wouldn't you like to see him fight someone who can defend his TD attempts so he can show his striking and power?

All you people complaining about Mendes fighting grapplers, we all know how Mendes does against good strikers (Cub and Koch)

Wouldn't you like to see him fight someone who can defend his TD attempts so he can show his striking and power?
He could probably outstrike Koch at this point. I would've liked to see poirier vs mendes

What a dumb fight. Sean shelby never ceases to amaze me with his matchmaking. I used to scoff at people for shitting on the UFCs matchmaking but man Shelby is not good, at all.

If I may ill play matchmaker:

Aldo/lamas vs mendes/cub

Lentz/Elkins, manny/brandao, Dennis/siler.

On a side note now that rony Jason is injured they should move Burmudez in against Stephens.

Chad's gonna whoop his ass! War Mendes!

MEndes needs to face a dangerous striker before he rematches aldo, and Lentz does not fit the bill.

Lentz / Bermudez seemed like a competitive match up. This seems like culling the lower rungs of the UFC FW top 10.

I obviously think Mendes is going to get the win, but if he can make it look easy, then finish - I'd be shocked. The way he stuffed TD after TD from Guida, then gave him his first TKO loss was impressive; repeating that success against Lentz would speak volumes to Mendes' evolution as a fighter.

Or maybe Lamas gets a title shot and Swanson is stuck waiting it out.

Maybe.

This fight is OK, but it isn't the one Chad needs to push himself back into a title shot. He should have been fighting Cub IMO. Money may need to win six in a row to get another crack, which for a guy who has only one loss and who has been wrecking people ever since is a pretty raw deal.

Tipping Money by TKO 2. Lentz is good, but not this good.

I'm actually ok with this fight. It gives Mendes more time to develop his striking and overall game. He's shown good improvements with his striking and confidence in his striking so far but he still has room to grow and potential to be the champ.

He already got KO'd by Aldo in round 1. If something like that happened again Mendes would be in a really tough spot. His next title shot could potentially be the only one he's gonna get for a while depending on what Aldo does so they should make it count. It's not like they have a shortage of contenders. The champ is injured and Lamas deserves the next fight.

Building up Chad a little slowly isn't a bad idea. He's gonna keep getting better and will get a win bonus and maybe a KO of the night bonus because Lentz is going to get fucking smashed. Mendes is quite better everywhere. He will be crowned king of the wrestle-boxers after beating Lentz, Guida, and Elkins.

Last edited:
lol they are doing everything in their power to keep Mendes from getting a meaningful fight.

Wow Lentz gets smashed bad in this fight you think they did this to knock him back down to the Prelims because he doesn't fight fan friendly style?

Since moving to FW, hes looked great and has had solid fights. Finishing and dominating.

Back