Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz Verbally Agreed For UFC on FOX 9

Lamas vs Swanson to be announced soon I imagine. They better not just let Cub hang around doing nothing.

This is a matchmaking move that definitely makes me think that Aldo is going to be on the shelf for awhile, Lamas vs. Cub are both healthy so they'll almost assuredly be fighting for the #1 contendership.

Why do they keep babying Mendes? Give him a top 10 guy.

lamas should be challenging aldo while swanson will probably draw edgar unless bj gets to but bj doesn't deserve to enter in the contender picture yet he should fight the korean zombie first

I don't understand what the UFC is doing with Mendes. I mean Lentz is a good fighter, but a Lamas or Swanson would surely be a more relevant fight. The only thing I can think of is that the UFC is giving him safe fights until they think the time is right for another title shot. I mean I guy coming off of potentially 5 consecutive KO victories (regardless of the level of competition) makes for good marketing too to attract the casual MMA fan....

I don't understand what the UFC is doing with Mendes. I mean Lentz is a good fighter, but a Lamas or Swanson would surely be a more relevant fight. The only thing I can think of is that the UFC is giving him safe fights until they think the time is right for another title shot. I mean I guy coming off of potentially 5 consecutive KO victories (regardless of the level of competition) makes for good marketing too to attract the casual MMA fan....

Basically this. I don't think the UFC wants Mendes killing off contenders like Lamas and Swanson, so they give him a Lentz. A guy who I don't think they feel will contend for the title, but none the less is a top 10 guy and still a solid win. Similar to Guida.

Great matchmaking, as always.

Idiots.

This, youve cracked the ufc bro

Frankie vs BJ

lentz vs Mendes?

Joe is making a fuck fest of 145.

I like Joe Silva, but this is garbage.

Elkins is in some people's top 10, and Guida and Lentz are both in the top 10.

No it's not. It's crap and makes no sense. Painfully easily predictable fight.

Lentz deserves a better fight than Bermudez and Mendes needs an opponent. Not sure what they'll do with Swanson (who already lost to Mendes) and Lamas will likely get a title shot next year.

... dont let dana see this or he will know fans have started to evolve and he will try to shove ronda even deeper down our throats

Back